Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'96 Corvette GSc, '17 Volt, '17 Malibu Hybrid
6 Posts
I'm wondering too. I just read the description in the link, and it only describes two modes: loud all the time, or stock operation. It doesn't say anything about a "quiet all the time" mode, which is what he was seeking...and I would be, as well.

·
Registered
2006 XLR-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It turned out to be two issues. The vacuum hose at the engine that travels all the way back to the auto muffler cut out butterfly valve switch had a small leak. That leak made the switch go nuts and wore itself out. Fixed the vacuum leat at the engine and replaced the switch located on the right rear corner of the bumper. That switch seems to go bad and needs replacement every 25-30 thousand miles. I live in South Florida and think the year round high temperature eventually cause it to fail (that or preplanned switch life failure).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did the "mild to wild" module work for you.
I installed the Mild to Wild on my V, worked for a while then stuck in the Wild mode, not sure why, replaced the control module but still Wild. I've taken tywraps to close the wild side off until I can find a fix. The quite side is much nicer in a Cadillac, in the V's the Wild opens up automatically above 3500 RPM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts