Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2006 STS 3.6
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this morning. Sunday I washed it (outside in 2 degrees Celcius) and topped up the oil. Didn't try to start it then.

This morning the starter runs fine but only the occasional combustion, not enought to get it started. It sounds and feels like an old carburetor car that's flooded, only occasional ignition in the cylinders until it clears.

At work now in the wife's Beretta. Just browsed the forum, for ideas when I go home and try to diagnose. Found these suggestions:
  • Fuel filter
  • Antifree for fuel in tank
  • Check DTC (no DTC light)
  • Clean throttle body
  • Check all fuses
  • Evap Purge Solenoid(?)

Any other suggestions that I can check in my driveway?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2006 STS 3.6
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got home early, started diagnosing. No DTCs. Took out all fuses in engine room, after that lot's of DTCs, cleared them all. Put starter cables from another car. Checked EVAP. All that made no difference. Then turned the fuel cap a bit more and took one plug out and cleaned it. After that it started to fire a bit more. And then a bit more. Then started and died. And then started. And now it works.

So mission accomplished. And then again not, because I'm not sure what caused it, so it can happen again. Can it be fuel system pressure problem? I've found my old non-lockable fuel cap and ordered a EVAP purge valve. Can they leak so there's not enough pressure to start the engine?

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts