Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Sts V6 The base version and ive been thinking of swapping to brembos.
If anyone has done this mod, could you tell me the parts i will need ( part #'s) to make this work.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,741 Posts
Moved from the CTS-V forum to the STS forum. There are probably folks in this forum who have done this mod before. Note that the STS-V used the same Brembos.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 4.6L
768 Posts
There were a couple useful threads on here. The only thing I have found is that there is no definitive rotors which will fit.
So basically, the Brembo Caliper from the V's should bolt on directly to the Base, some base STS cars even had Brembo brakes from the factory. Some people would say you need to swap the hubs to the 6 lug for the 6 lug wheels to clear the larger brakes, but in reality all you need is either spacers or wheels with a smaller offset (greater backspace). The next thing you will need is rotors which are the appropriate size, but I am not 100% sure what rotors will fit.
I have read the either the 2005 Mustang GT rotors will fit, but it has been suggested that perhaps some rotors from some Dodge or Chrysler (can't totally remember).
I'm sure in reality there are a few different rotors which will work for the 5 lug with either spacers or appropriate wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done this on my 08 sts 4.6. It's not fun. So here's the low down. When you do this swap, you will have to get new wheels. I upgraded to the 6x115 sts-v hubs, rotors and srx 20" wheels. If you go the other route, you need 2010 camaro ss hubs, rotors and the rear dust plate and e-brake drums with new wheels. The cheapest route is to get the sts-v or cts-v gen 1 parts and re drill the lug holes for the 5x115 lug pattern you have but your 17's will not clear the front rotors. You will need oem 18's with minimum 3/4" spacers but the your going to rub. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,111 Posts
I would think factory STS-V or CTS-V1 wheels would work fine with the 6 lug hubs since those are the hubs (and brakes) those cars already have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts