Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am wondering the same thing, it was "coming soon" some time ago. I haven't heard anything about it in a awhile. I was hoping it would be added with the arrival of the 06s.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Saw one on my dealer's lot the other day. Had a MSRP of about $51,000, AWD was a $1300 option vs. $1900 on a V-8. Don't recall what package was on it though. My guess is the car is slow as a rear wheel drive V6 is a 7 second 0-60, the AWD must be a 8 second car as the system weighs about 300 lbs.

·
Banned
851 Posts
commander112 said:
Saw one on my dealer's lot the other day. Had a MSRP of about $51,000, AWD was a $1300 option vs. $1900 on a V-8. Don't recall what package was on it though. My guess is the car is slow as a rear wheel drive V6 is a 7 second 0-60, the AWD must be a 8 second car as the system weighs about 300 lbs.
Hi there,
the price of a fully loaded V6 STS is MSRP 51.975
incl. Nav - Sunroof - AWD - 18 wheels and destination.

Harry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just took my first drive in a 2006 STS V6 AWD. (I chose this car as opposed to the V8 AWD because the V8 has a gas guzzler tax, uses premium fuel and has poor gas mileage.) RESULTS: Handling is very tight. Incredible steering response. Well balanced. Suspension is STIFF! Felt all the bumps in the road. Acceralation is just barely acceptible. The V6 engine could use another 20 HP. Question: Why not use the Standard DTS Northstar @275 HP. It would give the car better acceleration than the 255 HP V6 and better mileage than the 320 HP V8?
By the way, the Chevrolet Impala offers a 300HP V8 with DOD (Displacement on Demand Technology) for an estimated 28 MPG. The Chrysler 300M also offers a 340 HP Multiple Displacement Engine-What happened to Cadillac Technology? Why can't we have HP and fuel economy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just took my first drive in a 2006 STS V6 AWD. (I chose this car as opposed to the V8 AWD because the V8 has a gas guzzler tax, uses premium fuel and has poor gas mileage.) RESULTS: Handling is very tight. Incredible steering response. Well balanced. Suspension is STIFF! Felt all the bumps in the road. Acceralation is just barely acceptible. The V6 engine could use another 20 HP. Question: Why not use the Standard DTS Northstar @275 HP. It would give the car better acceleration than the 255 HP V6 and better mileage than the 320 HP V8?
By the way, the Chevrolet Impala offers a 300HP V8 with DOD (Displacement on Demand Technology) for an estimated 28 MPG. The Chrysler 300M also offers a 340 HP Multiple Displacement Engine-What happened to Cadillac Technology? Why can't we have HP and fuel economy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts