Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to buy a 2006 sts v8 awd with the luxury performance package..
It's got 76k on her and looks taken care of any known issues with these beautiful machines?

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
Re: Any advice?

read the sticky here..it will help you

I would look for the "chuggle" in the drivetrain.......which could mean a few thousand

other stuff is minor stuff here and there if the car has been taken care of

How much are they asking?

Warren

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10,846$ and there isnt much info given on the car fax.. Lots of "vehicle serviced" between 25k and 50k then nothing outside of normal maintenance since 55k besides an alignment.

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Def look at the sticky's...

Is it a 1SG do you know? AWD? 18"? Those options make it all worth while to me. I had the chuggle on the 05 which was nothing more than reprogramming. Shocks and air pump at 135000 were too many $1000s to think about but am doing it all over again with an 08 because I loved it so much. I also had a problem with corroding connector into the headlight housing that I had to bypass for the headlight and another for the turn signal. I live in the northeast tho so HUGE no surprise there. Still somewhat surprised. Staggered tire sizes were costly. Two sets of fronts for each set of backs. I am now thinking on putting the same size on all 4. I just don't know which size to go with (Any help there?).

Good luck, seems like a reasonable price. Check cars.com for comparable vehicles... That's where I found mine...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not entirely sure, but I don't believe it is 1sg,
What are some things that would tell if it is or isn't?

----------

I just wanna make sure I get these things addresses before I go regretting buying her. Literally the most fun I've had in a car I can afford

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
...Is it a 1SG ...? AWD? 18"?
... I am now thinking on putting the same size on all 4. I just don't know which size to go with (Any help there?).
If you want tires more than 10-inches wide, go 255.

I run 235/50-18 on the AWD & like them. It's 3/4" smaller.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
Not entirely sure, but I don't believe it is 1sg,
What are some things that would tell if it is or isn't?

----------

I just wanna make sure I get these things addresses before I go regretting buying her. Literally the most fun I've had in a car I can afford
if its a 1SG AWD that is clean...that is a fair asking price
I would shoot for an actual transaction price of under $10K

Warren

·
Registered
2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville
364 Posts
my only advice is make sure the door handles unlock when you walk up to them and not have to use the remote mine needs a antenna under the rear bumper pretty pricey hopefully get it fixed up this summer if I drive it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up getting her. Definitely not a 1sg but very nicely optioned and was bought new at that dealer so they had full records of all work done and all the tcbs and the recall was attended to so I'm pretty happy about it, we will see how she fares. She's eating up this ohio snow so far

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Which one did you get? Send a pic! I love driving mine in the snow although I just broke my leg (fractured tibial plateau) skiing so I'm not driving much. Wife thrilled that she's snow blowing a foot of snow each week :/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally washed get die the first time since the weather started getting bad and apparently my phone takes too good of photos because I can't seem to get my file size low enough to post on here, but I keep getting service tie pressure monitor message on the info panel and the left side monitors intermittently work any advice?

·
Registered
2005 STS-4, 2003 CTS 3.2
194 Posts
Def an amazing car

Just keep your eye on everything

Tire monitors always throw errors in all of the mid 00's Cadi's

Look for leaks, listen to whines, vibrations & stay on all of the small parts that can randomly break

And get a full custom exhaust to make sound like a v8 - lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts