Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone disconnected my battery and reconnected it and now I have no clock on the screen is saying I have a person has a shanera and now I have no sound coming out of the stereo how do I fix it is a software update that I need to do or what I've checked all the fuses in the entire car and all of them are saying they're good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car turns on and I tried to shift it out of park and it won't go out of park the dash is saying service vehicle soon is says that the airbag needs serviced there's no clock on the on the Cadillac and there's no sound coming out of the radio and I can't saying that I have a personalization error

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,005 Posts
Whoever disconnected and reconnected your battery, clumsily did a lot of arcy sparky in the process. You need to carefully remove the leads from the battery. Touch the leads together for a minute or so. Then carefully reconnect the leads to the battery, connecting the positive lead first. Have your key fob handy as your theft alarm will sound. Press the lock and then the unlock to silence it. At this point you will be good to go.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
438 Posts
No, he was saying someone was timid or on and off in connecting and/or connected positive last. This creates voltage surges that are bad for the electronics in these cars.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,005 Posts
Well said. The electronics programming can be corrupted by electrical noise and surges. Removing the battery leads and carefully replacing is the same as a reboot in your old PC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2006 Cadillac STS the navigation system the clock on it does not work anymore you cannot set any other person ization settings it gives me an error and then now no sound comes out of the car and then this morning I went out

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
438 Posts
Open the console cover and lift up on the front edge carefully to remove the surround trim (the part around the wood grain). Remove the wood grain panel. As you are looking down from above, near the front corner closest to the driver, there is a small plastic leaver. It is sort of on the side deep down. With a long screwdriver push down and it should release the shifter. The push only takes moderate force so do not break anything. You have to hold it down as you pull on the shifter. This will work whether running or not and even when there is no battery in the car. Not a permanent solution but may help you get it to a shop to get it looked at. Good Luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts