Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2006 STS 3.6 AWD that has an issue. The passenger seat fans (both) come on when the vehicle is shut off and stay running eventually killing the battery. The fans work as directed by the controls when the car is running but insist on being running when the vehicle is shut down. Of note also is that the seat heater in that very same seat is weak and slow. The drivers seat works normally and does not experience these issues.

I've seen this thread that has a response that describes the functionality of the system:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/230885-front-seats-no-heating-cooling-05-a.html

I've also seen this thread that seems to illustrate my issue but see no answer. The second post comes closest to my predicament.
www.cadillacforums.com/...sts.../478546-2007-sts-drivers-seat-fan-stays.html

I took out the "the heated/vented seat module" yesterday (battery disconnected) to inspect it and the connectors going to it (DTS had melting issues) and all appeared normal. I did this without removing the seat from the floor and it was a pain. To put the box back in, I decided to manipulate the seat with power to see if I could get it in a better position. I hooked the battery back up (reminder, module is disconnected) to move the seat and son of a gun, the fans come on even without the module. I wound up un-mounting the seat to inspect the wires closer and get the box back in to get the car back together (get my wife out of my truck) but that's just a side note. I'm getting ready to get an Alldata membership to dig into this deeper with wiring diagrams and any other system logic they provide. Does anyone have any clues or better yet, have fixed the issue. It appears I'm not the first to experience this.

Thanks for looking,

...TC...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you just spend your time trolling posts to find stupid shit to say? You have no idea if they had it repaired and know the fix. Most people keep email addresses for a long time. You should probably find something better to do with your time. ?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Do you just spend your time trolling posts to find stupid shit to say? You have no idea if they had it repaired and know the fix. Most people keep email addresses for a long time. You should probably find something better to do with your time. ?
He was being helpful actually...

OP's last activity was 08-10-15...There's a better chance of it snowing today in MN than the OP returning to respond to that post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts