Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 2006 northstar sts that ive been trying to fix for 3 weeks ive researched and circuit tested almost every part and article on this problem, i put a new ipm module in and check grounds power and communication on the high speed data bus, the issue is the vehicle will not start green light on start button does not illuminate and accersory mode turns on at its own will, i have no comminication to ipm, dscc, esc, if vehicle sits for an hour with negative battery cable disconnect it will run for 5 mins then act up, i have no idea where to contiune, i check other forums and check grounds under drivers seat no correction found

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vehicle came in with a shuts off while driving/ no crank concern, found a bad cell in battery and no comminication with the modules i stated thats all i know about the back story cannot find any aftermarket accesories or eletrical issues

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no idea, it comes back to life like i said if you unplug the battery for an hour and acts normal for about 5-10 mins then it losses communication and all gauges stop working, abs tcs and engine light pop on but engine still runs, until you shut it off it will not re-start

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Looking at it from an electronic tech's point of view, it's a heat related electronic problem. Get out the old freeze mist and cool the modules one at a time until you find something that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
My suggestion would be to check the start flow chart again in the service manual. Meaning what factors determine green light start ready. Then check each condition after fail. Additionally, if you have a known good vehicle around, start to compare can buss communications. It sound like you are missing one of the conditions for a green light because when it is it on, you can start. Not all the signals come from the IPM, so the one you are missing is the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts