Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 STS with JE5 brake package and 72,000 miles on the odometer.

Passenger side rear wheel has begun to show excessive amounts of brake dust compared to other 3 wheels. Brake pads and rotors replaced about 10K miles ago on all four wheels and problem began about 2K miles ago.

I expect to see the front wheels showing more dust than others but that is not the case, why is the passenger side Rear wheel showing up to 3 times more dusting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 STS with JE5 brake package and 72,000 miles on the odometer.

Passenger side rear wheel has begun to show excessive amounts of brake dust compared to other 3 wheels. Brake pads and rotors replaced about 10K miles ago on all four wheels and problem began about 2K miles ago.

I expect to see the front wheels showing more dust than others but that is not the case, why is the passenger side Rear wheel showing up to 3 times more dusting?
Did you ever resolve? I have 2006 with same issue.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,510 Posts
I doubt that you'll get a reply - HRC hasn't logged in for 4 years. Look at the post dates.

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
228 Posts
Have someone look at your brakes, S-Yearout. You may have a caliper that is dragging or a brake hose acting like a one-way check valve. Or, there could be no real issue. If something is dragging, causing the dust, it should show up as faster brake wear on that side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts