Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the right clip holding the sunroof wind deflector broke! looking at GMpartsdirect i have to buy the whole housing to replace that part?

please tell me theres another way to fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i was thinking welding it back but ill call around and see what i can find. im a heavy user of the sunroof

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
You could also just remove the wind deflector ... its quieter when you hold it down anyways, so if you just remove it then you will have a quieter ride with it open.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also just remove the wind deflector ... its quieter when you hold it down anyways, so if you just remove it then you will have a quieter ride with it open.
never thought about that, ill break off the other end tomorrow and see how it sound. found a used one off of rockauto.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
165 Posts
I had the same thing happen -- removed the deflector, not missing it. it unhooks no need to break it off

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same thing happen -- removed the deflector, not missing it. it unhooks no need to break it off
Yea that's what I did. Squeeze it together and it pops out. It sounds weird when going above 70 without the deflectors tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts