Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my SRX has started not wanting to start each time I fill up with gas. It takes at least two attempts and sometimes 3 to get it to turn over. This only happens when I fill up with gas. Most of the time it runs fine, but every once in awhile it idles rough. I have also noticed that my gas mileage is not as good since this issue started. And the check engine light is on constantly. My OnStar had me contact them and they said there is an emissions issue but couldn't be anymore specific.

Anyone else have this same issue? I really hate to spend 200-400 to replace the vapor canister, etc if it is a common easy fix.

Thanks,
Debbie

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Get your codes read at an auto parts store (free) and report back.

·
Registered
SRX'05 4.6L
235 Posts
Probably not the canister but the valve right under engine cover (purge valve?). Read about this issue but haven't had it myself. Some replace that valve, some just clean it and make it work. Not that expensive and easy to replace on your own.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac SRX V6 RWD
25 Posts
This could be as simple as requiring a new gas cap. I am not too familiar with the symptoms of such, but start with the simple cheap fixes first if you are going to guess at it.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
This could be a lot of different things, but likely some type of EVAC issue. If you have your codes read, you will have an idea about the next step.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts