Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum for this issue, and all seem to have an issue with the light being partially out, but for me, its the entire passenger side rear lamp. No brake, blinker, nothing. Do I need to change the entire assembly? Or is there a relay or fuse I could change. I checked the rear fuse box on the driver side thinking it was the R Position Relay Micro, but I didn't see a relay in either spot L or R. So I guess they don't matter? FYI, I know very little about cars. My wife bought this car a few weeks ago and it has been a headache so far.

Thanks for your help in advance. This forum was awesome for me back with I had my Escalade (which was stolen unfortunetly, I miss her :cry: )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just curious have you tried to pull the assembly out and inspect the plug and connector? I’ve had a few problems with pins in a few male end connectors (abs wires at the hubs and a front high beam head light connector was burnt up)

·
Registered
2003 CTS , 2008 SRX , 2009 CTS
11 Posts
I've searched the forum for this issue, and all seem to have an issue with the light being partially out, but for me, its the entire passenger side rear lamp. No brake, blinker, nothing. Do I need to change the entire assembly? Or is there a relay or fuse I could change. I checked the rear fuse box on the driver side thinking it was the R Position Relay Micro, but I didn't see a relay in either spot L or R. So I guess they don't matter? FYI, I know very little about cars. My wife bought this car a few weeks ago and it has been a headache so far.

Thanks for your help in advance. This forum was awesome for me back with I had my Escalade (which was stolen unfortunetly, I miss her :cry: )
I believe that you need to change the entire light

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
410 Posts
A good way to test (cheap but labor intensive) is to remove both taillights and plug them into the opposite side plug. They will not install but then you know whether it is the taillight or fuse/wiring. I would locate and check the fuses before I removed the taillights. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts