Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently in the -35 degree weather my 2006 SRX has needed a battery boost to get it going.

Today after the jump from a battery charger a few of the light including ABS, TC and and exclamation mark in red stayed on.

When I restarted the car the TC light was still on.

It runs okay but the steering also seems stiff.

Any ideas or is this common in old climates ??

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Having the lights (icons) on after a jump because of low battery IS common. You have codes but they most likely will go away after 3-4 ignition cycles or you can have them erased. Stiff steering not unusual in hydraulic systems at very low temps until fluid gets warmed up. Plow operators will put in additives to counter this. If this is going to be a common temp. you might try a higher CCA battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glake89 said:
Having the lights (icons) on after a jump because of low battery IS common. You have codes but they most likely will go away after 3-4 ignition cycles or you can have them erased. Stiff steering not unusual in hydraulic systems at very low temps until fluid gets warmed up. Plow operators will put in additives to counter this. If this is going to be a common temp. you might try a higher CCA battery.
Thank you for the information.... I really appreciate it! :)

The only icon left on is the TC (traction control) and the battery seems to be holding but a larger battery with higher Cold Cranking Amps sounds like a great idea!

Hopefully in the next month, this weather will be a memory but as the winters become more severe, I guess I better prepare better!

Thanks again !

BrockCaddy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts