Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any websites that sell any mods tot he LS2 engine??? I only see parts for the LS6 engines and cannot find any parts for my 6.0 car. Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
My understanding is that the LS2 motor uses heads almost identical to the LS6 (prior year CTS-Vs); and that the outside demensions of the LS6 and LS2 long blocks are the same. Thus, any LS6 header should fit. Besides Katech, there is Kooks, B&B, www.tpis.com who make headers for the CTS-V. Call any of them and discuss your application.
As for intake, you have a bigger throttle body than the LS6, which is good, but you also have a manifold which doesn't produce like the LS6's. The solution is to use the LS6 manifold. TPIS is just about to release a conversion kit. If you want to spent big bucks to get a little bit more hp than the LS6, then go to a FAST intake.
As for cold air intake (CAI), any of them should fit. The outside demension of your throttle body is the same as the LS6's.
I believe Magnuson has now released a supercharger that has the special bolt pattern for your throttle body.
The LS2 cam is milder than the LS6's, and the LS6 cam is not a bad choice. It is still moderate and produces nice power. Add some high-rise lifters for still more power will retaining the driveability. One of the most common mistakes in engine building is to over-cam a street motor.

·
0 Posts
Katech said:
1 oz FAST intake
1 oz Katech torquer cam
1 oz Katech headers
splash of LPE intake

Combine in a CTS-V and serve hot!

mmmmmmm:histeric:
Aksed in a previous post that was never responded to. What cam lobes are you all running?

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Katech said:
1 oz FAST intake
1 oz Katech torquer cam
1 oz Katech headers
splash of LPE intake

Combine in a CTS-V and serve hot!

mmmmmmm:histeric:
Man, I really wish I could afford that drink...
-ace

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Friend of mine used to work for Katech...an excellent company with kick ass pieces/parts!

F

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Kidhummer said:
So, i want a good air intake and exhaust for my 2006 cts-v with the LS2 engine. what is available?
That stuff will be the same as the 04/05s. Exhaust is Corsa, B&B, Magnaflow. Zoomers is a late entry to the fray and pretty much unproven yet.

Intake is Lingenfelter or Volant pretty much. You can try Ricks FFV if you want, I hear that is a great product.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Rey said:
My understanding is that the LS2 motor uses heads almost identical to the LS6 (prior year CTS-Vs); and that the outside demensions of the LS6 and LS2 long blocks are the same. Thus, any LS6 heades should fit....
I would not suggest putting 5.7L heads on a 6.0L engine.

There are a lot of Corvette stores that will sell stuff for the LS2, if you're looking for engine type stuff. Bolt on's like headers and intakes might be coming.

:thumbsup:

89 Posts
50 4Ever said:
I would not suggest putting 5.7L heads on a 6.0L engine.

There are a lot of Corvette stores that will sell stuff for the LS2, if you're looking for engine type stuff. Bolt on's like headers and intakes might be coming.

:thumbsup:
Corvette shops like us have an immense amount of LS2 go fast goodies...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts