Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
85 Posts
The new DTS looks awesome. I have already seen one around my area from Mary Kay. haha.

The BLS is terrible. Looks like the Cobalt... Probably on the same frame.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If the V lineup is all about performance, what happened to the STS-V's engine compartment? First, the engine itself is shrouded and now engine outer engine compartment has a shroud; it looks kid-proof. Now junior can crawl around atop your STS-V's engine bay in total safety. C'mon Cadillac get with it! Release the engine from the plastic that binds it! Freedom!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
rydr2 said:
Agree, awesome car. Didn't care much for the BLS look though.
I believe the BLS will play an important role in the Cadillac lineup. The CTS is the make it or break it for Cadillac...all others are simply icing.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
well, if you're ever around the detroit area, you'll see that cadillac has comepletely dominated the market. not only do you see an abundance of cts's, but you also see tons of dts's, devilles, old sts's and new ones. couple xlr's here and there. by far it's the cts and dts though. i'm glad they're popularity has increased, and from my geographic stand-point, it's definitely a "made it."

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
TripleOught said:
well, if you're ever around the detroit area, you'll see that cadillac has completely dominated the market. not only do you see an abundance of cts's, but you also see tons of dts's, devilles, old sts's and new ones. couple xlr's here and there. by far it's the cts and dts though. I'm glad they're popularity has increased, and from my geographic stand-point, it's definitely a "made it."
My wife tells me so as she travels to those areas. Yes, I too am glad that Cadillac is on a comeback, but I really want to see Cadillac pullout the stops as Toyota (and I know this for a fact) is throwing huge money into R&D and also beginning to take risks (this is very significant if you understand the subtleties of both Toyota and the Japanese) as they never had in the past, so for everything Cadillac has for the market Toyota/Lexus has a countermeasure. Cadillac is at a "now or never" junction if they do not want to become a postscript in the annals of automotive history.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
elevation said:
The new DTS looks awesome. I have already seen one around my area from Mary Kay. haha.

The BLS is terrible. Looks like the Cobalt... Probably on the same frame.
it's built on the same platform as the saab 9-3

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Wow, all this negativity for the BLS. :p I love it. Not only do I like the Styling but the powetrain is nice as well. The Turbocharged 2.8L V6 is great. Combined with a Six Speed Automatic with paddle shifting. The Epsilon platfrom isn't bad. I was very impressed when I drove the G6 GT this past summer and have always liked the 9-3. Now with more power... (2.8T) even better.

I wish I could drive one here in the states.

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Wow, all this negativity for the BLS. :p I love it. Not only do I like the Styling but the powetrain is nice as well. The Turbocharged 2.8L V6 is great. Combined with a Six Speed Automatic with paddle shifting. The Epsilon platfrom isn't bad. I was very impressed when I drove the G6 GT this past summer and have always liked the 9-3. Now with more power... (2.8T) even better.

I wish I could drive one here in the states.
My only gripe with the BLS is that the money spent developing the BLS could have been spent on adapting the CTS for Europe. This would in-turn provide Euro's with REAL Cadillacs like you can buy in the states and it would have kept production here in the US - not Sweden. Cadillac is hoping for 10000 sales the first few years and given the cost to develop the car, tool the factory and finally produce it, Cadillac is going to be in the RED on this ride for a while.

Other than that I see the BLS competing with the SAABs and GM already has enough of that with the SAAB and Opel heritage in Europe. The BLS would better be badged as a chevy/pontiac than as a Cadillac for sales in Europe.

IMHO :bonkers:

·
Registered
CTS
558 Posts
Katshot said:
I like the BLS too. I like it's looks better than the CTS I think. I'd have to see them together to be sure I guess. But then I liked the Catera too.
:hide:

CTS vs BLS has been a topic on this board before. Generally speaking, CTS owners overwhelmingly prefer the CTS over the BLS; plus the CTS has much better performance characteristics, etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts