Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 03 can give them a run for their money not to mention the 06es. I was passed by a 06Impala SS in my 96 ESC and I wanted to give it a go but I was just in the wrong lane.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Similar transmissions, similar HP, more torque for the Impala SS, less weight for the SS if I'm not mistaken. I haven't seen numbers for an Impala SS yet, but an STS should be good for 14.7 or so. The Impala *should* win but it's a close call.

Same story for the Monte Carlo SS vs ETC. So if you're gonna race one, high end is your advantage with the N*.

The 3800sc isn't going to hold a candle to a N* unless there's a pulley on it and then some.

The 05+ STS should outrun either SS. The only shot an SLS or ESC should have would be at the low end.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
davesdeville said:
Similar transmissions, similar HP, more torque for the Impala SS, less weight for the SS if I'm not mistaken. I haven't seen numbers for an Impala SS yet, but an STS should be good for 14.7 or so. The Impala *should* win but it's a close call.

Same story for the Monte Carlo SS vs ETC. So if you're gonna race one, high end is your advantage with the N*.

The 3800sc isn't going to hold a candle to a N* unless there's a pulley on it and then some.

The 05+ STS should outrun either SS. The only shot an SLS or ESC should have would be at the low end.
The new Impala with the 5300 pushrod should hit a very low 14. It's 3800SC is hitting a hi-14, and it's heavier the the 5300 (alum. block and heads).
3800SC won't hold a candle to the N*? You realize there have been alot of Regal's, Grand Prix's, Monte Carlos, and Impala's with the 3800SC that have hit 145 or lower stock. Most will hit hi-14's. If the friver with the 3800SC knows how to launch it, watch out. A close friend of mine hit a 13.9 with a pulley, u-bend delete, and SLP airbox in a Regal GS. All the same cars.
The new STS with the N* should handle most of them fine, but it will be a close race if any of those W-bodies has the 5300.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Maybe the 5.3 should hit low 14s. Have you seen any real numbers or are you just guessing like the rest of us are?

As for the 3800sc, the series 3 might hang with a vin9 northstar but it'd be hard pressed.

Isn't bench racing fun?

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
davesdeville said:
Maybe the 5.3 should hit low 14s. Have you seen any real numbers or are you just guessing like the rest of us are?
As for the 3800sc, the series 3 might hang with a vin9 northstar but it'd be hard pressed.
Isn't bench racing fun?
This this is as per MT magazine.;)
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Coupe Base price $27,790 Vehicle layout Front engine, FWD, 2-door, 5-pass coupe ]Engine 5.3L (325ci)/303 hp/323 lb-ft OHV 16-valve V-8 Transmission 4-speed automatic Curb weight 3600 lb Wheelbase 110.5 inLength x Width x Height 198.3 x 71.6 x 55.9 in 0-60 mph 6.0 sec 1/4 mile 14.3 sec @ 98.1 mph Sales Projection 7500 of 50,000 Monte Carlos On sale in U.S Fall 2005

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
davesdeville said:

Isn't bench racing fun?
No real numbers, nope. But the Grand Prix GXP is basically the same car, and theres one on a GTP forum that hit 14.1. I don't understand why you guys don't give credit to the 3800SC. When I had my Regal, I use to mess with a friends DTS all the time (the 275 hp version), and I'd have 2 cars on him from s top until about 70 mph and then he'd pull pretty hard. The only time we dragged at a strip, we both pulled 15's and I had him by .2 of a second. Not really a fair comparison tho, as traction was horrible for both of us. As far as I'mn concerned, these are both engines that routinely beat up on unsuspecting imports. I can't count the times I've beat Maxima's and Civic's and V6 Accord's and even the occasional crappy driven 350Z. Both of these engines were out in the late 90's when noone was putting any power in family sedans.

·
Registered
155 Posts
the impala will win..just look at the power to weight ratio. The new impala should hit low 14's no prob. I know the monte SS has creeped into low 13's. The 5.3 v8 that is.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
SSTUD said:
the impala will win..just look at the power to weight ratio. The new impala should hit low 14's no prob. I know the monte SS has creeped into low 13's. The 5.3 v8 that is.
The new Monte Carlo SS will not hit low 13's in stock trim. Maybe low 14's but not 13's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
Randy_W