Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find away to be able to hook my iPhone 6 to the truck to use Bluetooth hands free and charge....I don’t use the Onstar if that helps...it has the stock touchscreen navigation in it...all my steering buttons work and would like to keep these functional...and advice I’ve searched the forum and get mixed results...thank you

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,382 Posts
I just swapped out my old stock radio for an aftermarket unit with all the latest features like Bluetooth and Android Auto. Best decision I made.:) The old stock units are very very very outdated and are easy to replace, so why keep them installed? Just upgrade.

I used a PACS radio interface to retain factory the steering wheel controls and door chimes.

I even added an back-up camera to work with parking sensors.

The Sony radio I upgraded to in my 2006 Escalade. I swapped the 12v outlet in the center console for a USB port that runs to the radio.

Reactions: RudyF6

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... I’m trying to not buy a new head unit...but just add Bluetooth to what’s already there

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,382 Posts
Thank you... I’m trying to not buy a new head unit...but just add Bluetooth to what’s already there
Seriously.:)

Well, I am sure that anything is possible. Maybe a member on this forum have gone through the trouble to add Bluetooth to the stock head-unit that is 13 years old. Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
851 Posts
You'll have to use one of those cheap bluetooth FM modulators if you don't want to change out the headunit. I have one in mine, and it works fine for streaming audio from my phone. Built in microphone doesn't work for anything, and I have to practically scream into it for the other person to hear me. So I never use it for calls. But works great for music and navigation prompts.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade ESV AWD Platinum
37 Posts
I agree with that being too expensive. Put it toward a new radio.

In the meantime while i'm saving up I run my iphone music through the entertainment system. I bought a 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Cable which I plug into the ceiling receptacle, plug into the I-Phone, reach up and turn on the power to the entertainment system, change the source on the head unit and presto music! I know it's caveman like but it works!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the idea of using the entertainment center for now while I save for a new head unit....I just want to be able to have the steering controls work as well as the rear entertainment center work with head unit like it does with the stock one

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea my hubby said if we replace the head unit it won’t be with a “cheap” one...we are looking into converting the Onstar to Bluetooth...since I don’t have or plan to use the Onstar and I found a device called Bluestar $200(which is less then he would pay for a new head unit) that you swap out the OnStar module for the Bluestar module...still doing my research on it first before I buy.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
851 Posts
Those Costar units are $300. It's really not cheaper than replacing the head unit. If you want really cheap, just get one of those sub-$20 bluetooth FM modulators, and save your pennies for a new head unit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I’m sorry it’s $279...I’m just trying to find a simple way to get Bluetooth(for hands free calls-not music anymore Bc I have XM subscription)and keep steering wheel controls and keep everything stock....yes everyone says it’s cheaper and easier to just get a new head unit(I don’t want one)...I’m sorry if I sound rude or snotty I’m not trying too...but I don’t want a New head unit

·
Registered
2004 ESV
851 Posts
Do any of the buttons on your stock radio have the paint on them? I have 3 buttons I don't know what they are because the paint has flaked off. :rofl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ESV
851 Posts
Those things have either 5 star reviews or 1 star reviews. I hesitate to get one because it will either be amazing or a pile of garbage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those things have either 5 star reviews or 1 star reviews. I hesitate to get one because it will either be amazing or a pile of garbage.
Its a hardwire connection to your stereo. Light years better than a crappy FM modulator. Many YouTube videos of people doing installs and saying the work great....heck there is even a 60 day money back guarantee. I have 3 similar units on 3 different vehicles and they work spectacular. It is the BEST way to get bluetooth with the factory radio. I don't have one yet for this Escalade I just bought, but will within a month or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts