Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 CADILLAC DTS wont start and wont crank. My key fobs dont work now. Battery is charged and was checked at autozone. When key is in on position after trying to starter in Accesory mode the radio doesnt turn on and i cant put windows up pr down or lock doors. Interior light are all on and headlights come on. Antitheft light is steady for a min... then blinks a few times turns off and then remains solid again. The display scrolls thru all options saying Service everything. Just had ignition replaced couple weeks ago. Been fine up until this afternoon. Can I rest this security feature or am I dealing with something else? I dont want to have to tow her in if I can do it here. Please help );
Thank you,
Pandaa

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
545 Posts
Just for starters... change the battery in the key FOB... just to get that out of the way.

Why was the ignition replaced in the first place? You talking about the key ignition switch?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some piece broke off in the ignition. Then when key was entered it jammed causing it to not come out. All original keys were programmed to new ignition switch mechanic installed. That was about week and a half ago.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear clicking cycle thru the front driver and passenger doors when sitting in the car with out key in ignition. Full charged battery and cant get radio to power on or put windows up. Luckily no rain I. Immediate forecast. Smh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts