Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help please while driving the indicator on dash is switching from drive to park and car looses power you can push gas petal to floor but it will not go. Door locks are going up and down also. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
This might sound crazy but, I think a new battery will fix that. Sounds like a dead cell and these cars act very quirky with a bad battery.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
Loose or corroded ground somewhere can cause that - especially the main ground. Check the ground lug by the battery under the seat - take it totally loose from the floorpan, scruff up the metal to move the painted area, then replace the bolt.

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been on a couple of other sites and they made the same suggestion so I have already taken it off and sanded and even took the grinder to it.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but I just put a new battery in the car.
A dead cell battery can still act like a good battery. It can start the car play the radio but it can also do what you are describing.

Did the car react at all like this prior to the battery change and if not how long ago did you replace the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts