Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable this system? I do not need it and I continue to go through sensors like candy! I want to TURN IT OFF!!! Thx!

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Is there a way to disable this system? I do not need it and I continue to go through sensors like candy! I want to TURN IT OFF!!! Thx!
It "MIGHT" be possible to turn it off with a TECH ll, but I don't know that for sure.
I do know that the air pressure to set off the low pressure or high pressure warning can be adjusted.

If you are "going through sensors like candy"... it is probably one of these three things.
1. You are buying some junky sensors.... (not likely)
2. The antenna on the receiving module is going bad... (maybe)
3. The receiving module needs to be reprogrammed or replaced. (most likely)

Texas Jim

·
Registered
757 Posts
It can be turn off but no dealer will do it.

The law states all cars built after sept 2005 have TPMs. It all started with Ford and Firestone recall I think.
Don’t hold me to the dates.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
587 Posts
If the answer turns out to be no I have a sensor I can sell you for $35. I bought it from Jegs only to learn there was nothing wrong with my sensor so it never made it out of the box. Selling at cost. PM me.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
146 Posts
I'd like to question this too. My right rear continually leaks air. I have BRAND NEW tires on it from the dealer. I take it that it's the stem leaking? There's a different stem on mine that I've never seen before. It's a wrenchable stem. Is the push button thing inside mine gone bad? I imagine I can get one a Mr. Tire, or is that the Tire Monitor Unit?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
I'd like to question this too. My right rear continually leaks air. I have BRAND NEW tires on it from the dealer. I take it that it's the stem leaking? There's a different stem on mine that I've never seen before. It's a wrenchable stem. Is the push button thing inside mine gone bad? I imagine I can get one a Mr. Tire, or is that the Tire Monitor Unit?
If you have CHROME RIMS... sometimes the chrome starts coming loose, where the bead of the tire fits to the rim, and causes leaks.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
Jim, whats the solution to this problem? With warranty still on the car would this be covered. I have been loosing air with both tires on the driver's side. I haven't had it checked to see if I have a small nail or something what would cause a small leak. Hope to get it to the dealer this coming week.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Jim, whats the solution to this problem? With warranty still on the car would this be covered. I have been loosing air with both tires on the driver's side. I haven't had it checked to see if I have a small nail or something what would cause a small leak. Hope to get it to the dealer this coming week.
"IF" it is the chrome coming off... it "SHOULD" be covered under warranty.
That will partly depend on your dealer... if he is a good one or not.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac DTS
278 Posts
Quickest, easy possible fix is replace the valve core. On my 06 I had 3 of the 4 tires start to leak around the bead. Had to have the tire removed & the rim bead area cleaned up. They also cleaned them good when I got the new Michelin's a couple weeks ago.
Norm

12,821 Posts
Shawn and Eddie, I see you're getting DIY advice from owners, and I hope you're finding it helpful! As a Customer Service representative, I can't provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, but I can always contact the dealer on your behalf to follow up on concerns for you. If you are able to get it to the dealer this week, Eddie, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] if you would like me to follow up with them!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2006 DTS
146 Posts
I'm thinking of fixing the valve core. I do have brand new pirelli's that were put on when I bought the car because the tires on it were shaking too bad and I didn't want the car. Didn't expect them to put on such nice tires so it made it worth it to by the car as long as the stuff wrong with it was fixed. I knew I was buying used. But I can't see them not cleaning the rim when they put them on. Or so I would think. They are chrome but they don't appear to be peeling unless it's behind the outside part. They are peeling behind the wheel. So is my grill under the hood. Eventuallly when I have the spare dough I want to purchase a new front and rear bumper cover and have it all repainted and put a new grill in. The engine interior was beautiful so it made me feel comfortable to know it was taken care of thus I can see keeping it and repainting it later. I'm going to try the valve core first. If that don't work I can go back to the dealer as I bought it in March and it's not been a year yet. Depending on if they'd want to charge me to reseat the tire, I might just go to Mr. Tire as I know the manager and he might spin it for a little less. Money's really tight right now. And after tomorrow, if Apple tanks in the market, I'm going to be tightening my belt for years to com and the paintjob is off for a long time! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts