Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 06 DTS with the northstar. Mine is governed at 110mph. I'm not looking to get on the Auto Bond but I would like to have a comfortable 140 or even 150mph top speed. Hypothetically for you gurus out there... how exactly would you go about accomplishing this?

·
Super Moderator SEMPER PARATUS
2003 DeVille Base
4,500 Posts
I don't think it can be done.
I agree. I haven't heard of anyone who has been able to crack the PCM on this era of cars. Last I saw any mention, one of the tuner companies was up to 1997 but I wouldn't swear to it.

·
Super Moderator SEMPER PARATUS
2003 DeVille Base
4,500 Posts
So I have a 06 DTS with the northstar. Mine is governed at 110mph. I'm not looking to get on the Auto Bond but I would like to have a comfortable 140 or even 150mph top speed. Hypothetically for you gurus out there... how exactly would you go about accomplishing this?
by the way, Welcome to the forums!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,183 Posts
Autobahn ........

Look at the website for Wester's Garage in Canada. They are PCM tuners (as well as NorthstarPerformance.com) and, according to their price list, can do a minor tune on your 2006 FWD Northstar PCM.

These cars are originally speed limited to the tire speed rating on the driver's door sticker. The engine is also limited to 4,000 rpm when in N or P.

You need to know the level of powertrain package installed on your car - given the speed limiter I'd guess it's a VIN Y - less than 280 hp, 3.11 final drive ratio. The code is the 8th character of the VIN. Y is the economy setup; 9 is the performance setup - ~300 hp, 3.71 final drive.

For the later Y "DTS", if unlimited, you would be lucky to see even a plus side of 125 or 130 - downhill. Too much drag and a poor power-to-weight ratio, plus final drive gearing.

speed_chart.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts