Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20006 DTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

I was driving to work this morning and after I drove through a light with a 90 degree turn I noticed a moaning sound. Every time I turned the wheel for the rest of the drive I felt/heard this moaning sound. Turns out I was low on power steering fluid - so low there was none on the bottom of the dipstick. I filled it up to the top of the hash marks and drove it home from work without issue.

I noticed the fluid in the reservoir smelled "burnt" and had a lot of bubbles in it. In fact, the cap hissed and relieved pressure when I checked it after parking at work. Any ideas on where to start? I've read there was a recall for the pressure line and I have no idea if this service was done on the car. I bought it used in August '14. Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
You may have a leak at high pressure line . The line leak at a connection between the engine and the fire wall . When is cold slide your hand on the line you will come to that connection.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville
315 Posts
I just went through this issue my DTS after replacing the steering rack.

The rack was faulty and caused leaks in the high pressure hose and leaks from the boots.

I would check your steering rack to make sure its not leaking or seaping too. Hopefully its just one of the hoses.

Its a known issue that some of these oem racks can start seaping over time and become wet.

Since you have bubbles, its losing fluid and sucking air in somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts