Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac DTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Cadillac DTS. While at the auto parts store I noticed drops of oil dripping onto the pavement. I looked around the engine area trying to figure out where the leak may be coming from. It is leaking on the passenger side and i noticed there was oil on the crossmember. Not sure if it could be the half seal or the rear valve cover gasket. Hoping someone may have an idea where the leak could possibly be coming from. Thanks

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
Re: 2006 Cadillac DTS leaking oil

I would stick a paw back behind the rear valve cover, since that's easy to check.

·
Registered
Cadillac DTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the rear valve cover gasket tomorrow. And as far as the oil filter gasket etc if it was leaking could the oil be leaking towards the rear of the engine on the passenger side? It is dripping on the ground from the rear passenger side of the engine.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
A decent leak on the left (front) side of the engine will rustproof the entire underbody - that good ol' 55 mph blows oil everywhere.

Common leak areas to check - cam cover seals, CMP seal, my previous post, front and rear crank seals, power steering pump and lines as well as fluid level.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
Based on your description, my first guess would be the rear valve cover.

Happy (if you want to call it that) hunting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts