Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS, 1996 STS - RIP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both on high and low beam.
Turn on, or auto on and one headlight is off, change to high beam still off.
Manually turn off then on (auto or manual) and driver's side light comes on.

Idea's? Relay? Where is the relay if so?

Anything else to check?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
161 Posts
could be the bulb, ballast, or fuse if it doesn't come on at all, it's the same bulb for high and low beam. most likely the bulb, the headlights aren't really that hard to remove or expensive, you can do it without taking the whole bumper off and just do one side at a time. 2 bolts on each side of the bumper and it comes out far enough that you can remove the headlights. I got both bulbs off a seller on amazon for around 40$ for 6000k bright white bulbs and i've had them in for over 6mos now with no problems and I think they make the car look a lot more "modern"

edit: actually they were only like 22$ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KSTL0MO/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_r-A6AbRZSY1JS D1S type bulbs

i ended up replacing my ballast too, from water intrusion and this cheap one has been working great : https://www.amazon.com/AUTOKAY-Ball...8&qid=1525490265&sr=8-30&keywords=dts+ballast
there's 2 different styles of ballast, though check what yours looks like and specifically the plugs- my car has one kind on one side, and one on the other oddly enough (both before and after it was crashed)

·
Registered
2006 DTS, 1996 STS - RIP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is intermittent right now, so I'll probably wait a few months until Spring to do it.
Thanks very much for the tips and links, I'll have to take a close look to figure out
how you are saying to do it, do you still take off the many of the pins?

·
Registered
2006 DTS Lux3
8 Posts
My 06 did the same thing, just changed the bulbs...it looks worse than it is to change, I'm a 63 year and managed to get it done with no major damage to me or the DTS....

·
Registered
2006 DTS, 1996 STS - RIP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now the driver's side turn signal is out so the plan is to use LED bulbs for the
turn signal and parking lights has anyone done this and what bulbs did you
use if so?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts