Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS PERFORMANCE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, not sure if anyone knows, when i plug my IPOD into the aux spot it works and plays, but 2 things go wrong. im getting a soft cracking out of the tweeter on the left front A-pillar. and the music is only comming through the front passenger door speaker. Am i doing something wrong here? or is that just how it is? Its the NAV/BOSE radio by the way. Any help would be great. thanks -Dan

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Mine works fine.
Do all the other functions work OK? CD? FM? Sat?
How do you have it hooked up? Headphone to Aux?
Best is Data out plug to Aux........

·
Registered
2006 DTS PERFORMANCE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine works fine.
Do all the other functions work OK? CD? FM? Sat?
How do you have it hooked up? Headphone to Aux?
Best is Data out plug to Aux........
yes everything else in the radio works just the way it should. i just have the IPOD hooked up directly to the AUX plug

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
yes I know you have the ipod connected up to the aux plug.
But.......do you have the ipod headphone out connected to the aux plug, or do you have the ipod data out connected to the aux plug?
Since you don't seem to understand about the data output, I would guess that you are hooking the headphone output to the aux.

Data out is better. That comes out of the big plug at the bottom of your ipod.
It is actually what is known as a Line Out.
And the radio aux is more technically known as a Line in.
Good match. Better than the headphone to the Aux, tho headphone to the aux should work.

If you are using the headphone out on the ipod first try and listen to the ipod on the headphones.
If that doesn't work right, then it can't work right when plugged into the radio.
If that does work right, then it is possible that your cable from the ipod to the aux is hosed.

·
Registered
2006 DTS PERFORMANCE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, as you might have already guessed, im not the most technical person. im not sure if this is what you told me to do, but this worked. all i did was turn the wire around and insert the side i had in the AUX to the IPOD and the side i had in the IPOD into the AUX side. and its working perfect. thanks for all your help. its much appreciated. im still trying to figure this car out. its much more advanced then my 2001 DTS i replaced with this one. Im sure you can understand that having a LUX 3 . thnaks again -Dan

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yippee! FM is ok. Sat is pretty good. But there is nothing like listening to YOUR stuff!

·
Registered
2006 DTS PERFORMANCE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you 100% right, XM is ok and we all know reg radio sucks. but having my own songs makes the drive that much better. as if driving in these cars could get any better. :yup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts