Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the height sensor for rear air shocks adjustable? I am new to the forum and hope I am going about this in the right way. :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
Welcome to the Funny Farm !!! :highfive:

On SOME of these ELC/ALC (Electronic/Automatic level Control) models the height sensor(s) are slightly adjustable. The car should normally carry a tiny, barely perceptible forward rake.

The sensor arm may have an adjustment locknut, or some have altered the length of the sensor link rod(s). The bladders on the shocks are not separated as to side-to-side: Air goes to / vents out of both bladders simultaneously.

To test the system, turn the Key: ON. After about 8 seconds the compressor should do a quick preload/prove-out. OK ? Pop the trunk and get 2 assistants. All sit on the trunk lip - the system should again level the rear. OK ? All jump off and you listen in the RR fenderwell for escaping air as the system again levels the rear. OK ??? Good to go.

Ask car questions here, engine questions in Northstar.

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Base model you can adjust yourself. Use the post Submariner409 sent you. Loosen the 10mm bolt and push up on the inside plastic part of the sensor, so it’s even with the metal lever. That will give you about 3 to 4 inches at the rear bumper.

If you have Mag ride, you need a tech II to adjust it.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise. I put new air shocks on the rear and the rear doesn't seem high enough. I will try this. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts