Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to GM...production week has been postponed again, now to Nov. 7th. This is pretty frustrating, especially since my present car lease (non-GM) is up at the beginning of Nov. Should I be able to get the dealer to get me a loaner car in the meantime or am I just out of luck? Also, they gave me no reason for the delay. Is there any chance they may decide not to even produce it this year, considering all the problems GM is having lately?

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Can't hurt to ask.............right?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, it is official. I am done waiting.

I am back looking at cars again. If Cadillac cannot get off of their asses and make a car I want, I will see if their competition can...

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
154 Posts
Sorry they are making you wait, but the V really is worth waiting for. I test drove everything prior to getting mine (S4, E55, CLR55, RS6, WRX STi, M3, M5). The V was the best car, particularly if you like to shift yourself. You can extend most auto leases on a month-to-month basis at your existing monthly payment. Keep the faith and if your existing lease payment is less than what your anticipated V payment save the money and buy upgrades like a Stealth tune, or a cold air intake, or an exhaust system or...

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Kj,

Easy man, go eeeaaasssy. HaVe patience, it is a Virtue. You will love your V, so Very mod-able for so much less money than the competition. Hang tight and youll be rewarded!!!!

F

·
Registered
270 Posts
If the dealership wants your business, they should have no problems in giving you a loaner from their used car lot.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
Weird. They bumped up production on the STS-V by two weeks.... I think the date is around Nov 20th, it was around Dec 12th until this week.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
...meanwhile, my buddy is still waiting for his BMW 530. And will continue to wait until January. I'm all for immediate gratification, but as someone here said, "Patience is a virtue."

Wait for your V. As with other types of delayed gratification, the eventual pleasure will be dramatically increased. If you know what I mean. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
My lease was up before my car came. I called just before it was over to schedule the return date and pretended that I thought it was a month later. Basically, what I found out is that you do get a grace period after your lease before they charge you. I told them I was bringing it back on the 25th and they said they'd have to charge me, so I asked when the last day was that I could bring it back wihtout a charge and briought it back then.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, I am more calm that I was before, but it still pisses me off.

And, I took a look around at the others cars out there and all I do is compare them to the V...

So, I wait...

Remind me that when I get one, to name it after a woman... Because I am waiting for this damn thing just like I always wait for my wife!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I would say the new rear is to blame. They did not have them back in June , so I'll bet they waited until they had the new rear for the 06 and now they have to fight for space on the line. There is no way the LS2 held it up, and I cannot think of any other major changes that would.

·
Registered
669 Posts
hmmmmmm........... what do they say - good things come to those that wait, heh 'lil grasshopper? snatch the pebble from the dealer's hand. :wes:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
22 Posts
kjr39 said:

I am back looking at cars again. If Cadillac cannot get off of their asses and make a car I want, I will see if their competition can...
I'm there with you. Have had a V on order since early September. It is definitely frustrating but I think it will be more than worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
kjr39 said:
I feel the exact same way...and with all the bad shit going on with the "NEW" 06 diffs, it doesn't seem like they've remedied the problem (maybe it's still delayed because they're still trying to find a diff that won't blow).

I'm seriously on the verge of going to pick up a 300C SRT8....or if i can squeze another ten grand out of my budget, a friend of mine is selling his 04 645ci with 3500 miles, all options, 6spd manual, for 63k.

btw, he's selling it to get an M6

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
kjr39 said:

I will sell you my 05 V. Black/Grey Express Roof...Just turned 5k Miles. The car is excellent. Only mod is very nice tint. Still smells new.

$40,900.

Email removed - use classifieds please

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Jonbbas said:
I feel the exact same way...and with all the bad sh!t going on with the "NEW" 06 diffs, it doesn't seem like they've remedied the problem (maybe it's still delayed because they're still trying to find a diff that won't blow).

Pardon? What bad stuff is happening to the new diffs?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts