Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 CTS that will crank when I turn the ignition but will not start.

The car has a half tank of gas and all fluid levels are good. The car sat for a week while I was on vacation. I go to turn the ignition and the engine just cranks but does not start. I tested the battery and I have 12 volts. I do have a check engine light on but i had it tested last week and they said it was my O2 sensor. No other problems before this issue. I turn the key to the ON position and my battery light stays on (no flashing). Does this mean I have a spark problem?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
717 Posts
Tried jumping it off to be sure its not the battery, also tried checking volts when the ignition is set to on, just because it reads 12v doesnt always mean it has 12v, as soon as it goes under load it could drop below the cutoff voltage where the battery saver says, nu-uh not starting at that voltage.
If that all checks out ok, could be the crank sensor.
if you have a scan tool, pull off your engine codes.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
Did you check all of your fuses? Also check for fuel pressure, could be your fuel pump going or a bad fuel filter.

12,776 Posts
I have a 2006 CTS that will crank when I turn the ignition but will not start.

The car has a half tank of gas and all fluid levels are good. The car sat for a week while I was on vacation. I go to turn the ignition and the engine just cranks but does not start. I tested the battery and I have 12 volts. I do have a check engine light on but i had it tested last week and they said it was my O2 sensor. No other problems before this issue. I turn the key to the ON position and my battery light stays on (no flashing). Does this mean I have a spark problem?

Any thoughts?
Hello alecfrank,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your CTS. I see the community has engaged with your thread and are offering insight to what could be the issue. Are you thinking about working with a technician on this vehicle concern? If you would like to discuss this, please reach out to me via private message.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Mine is doing the same thing right now. Ran fine the day before but now won't start.
Hello hdarga,

I apologize your vehicle is experiencing issues with not starting also. If you would like to further discuss this concern, please reach out to me via private message.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bonjour moi ce Mr heritier somwe je un véhicule cadillac CTS JAPONAISE volant droite ça démarre pas je peu vous envoyer même mon numéro Whatsapp pour que je t envoyé le photo de mon tableau dabort +243993696919

[Moderator edit]According to Google Translate:
Hello me this Mr heritier somwe I have a cadillac CTS JAPANESE vehicle steering wheel right it does not start I can even send you my Whatsapp number so that I sent you the photo of my dashboard +243993696919

1 - 7 of 7 Posts