Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 cts
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks. I have a 2006 CTS my display on radio is saying tran fluid life 30% when should I have this serviced? also what is a fair price for this service at the cedilla dealer ship?? Thank you all!

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
Dealerships charge anywhere from a $100 to $150.
If you take it to anywhere to service it make sure they do NOT flush the fluid. Make sure they just drop the pan and replace the filter and fill it up.
Also make sure they run the engine and move the shifter through the all position while pausing for a few seconds at each position then returning to the vehicle and topping off again.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium
179 Posts
The display is a reminder, but is not accurate. Anyone can reset it without doing the service. I changed mine at 45,000 miles and it was brown.

·
Registered
969 Posts
bobstoy, that's mostly because the factory fill the Texaco ATF used was actually brown, which isn't that good of a color to differentiate from black.
Dexron VI is red as you probablyj know.

·
Registered
969 Posts
So why not flush it? I thought that was the right way to do it.
Because with flushes on an older car's transmission there is a risk that debris could get in places you don't want them to clog...places like the valve body and other passages.
The factory procedure for this transmission is to drop the pan, change the filter and pump new fluid into the pan (and subsequent top off after running the trans through positions) that's it.

12,778 Posts
Hey jgosselin85,

Your local Cadillac dealership would know best about when to get your vehicle serviced and what maintenance needs to be performed. As far as costs go, those can vary by dealership. Have you brought this issue to their attention yet? If not, I would be happy to contact them for you. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

Regards,

Geoff G.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts