Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi. i bought myself a 2006 cts with the 3.6 v6, auto trans. picked it up for $400, i was told it needed an engine. well when i got there to pick it up, i swapped some fuses around and threw a jump pack on it and it fired up and drove onto the trailer. Big win for me. (y) i work at a dodge dealership so i have access to any tools i would need. i know im going to need an intake, as its open at the throttle body right now. ive got three codes coming, intake air temp, mass air flow sensor which were both expected, and a p0205 injector cylinder 5 circuit malfunction. no misfire codes but i found a bad coil yesterday on cylinder 5, could they be related? :unsure: thanks.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >137k miles
964 Posts
Nice find! Kinda hard to tell what all is bad u til this issues are fixed. As you mentioned, the throttle body and MAF sensor should take care of the intake codes. The new coil should take car of the p0205 code, unless the plug(s) is also bad. IMO it would be worth just changing all the plugs while you have the intake apart.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 2.8L
422 Posts
hi. i bought myself a 2006 cts with the 3.6 v6, auto trans. picked it up for $400, i was told it needed an engine. well when i got there to pick it up, i swapped some fuses around and threw a jump pack on it and it fired up and drove onto the trailer. Big win for me. i work at a dodge dealership so i have access to any tools i would need. i know im going to need an intake, as its open at the throttle body right now. ive got three codes coming, intake air temp, mass air flow sensor which were both expected, and a p0205 injector cylinder 5 circuit malfunction. no misfire codes but i found a bad coil yesterday on cylinder 5, could they be related? thanks.
When you say you need an intake are you talking about an air filter housing? I have one that I just took off including a K and N filter.

Roy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts