Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 CTS-V and would like to know what is the best short shifter

out there? Quality is more important then price?

Are they hard to install? and they fit on the 2006 CTS-V? Thanks!

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Oops, double post. See below.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Here is a thread on the UUC shifter. Tons of user here have it and absolutely think it is the best short shifter out there.

Are you switching because the stock shifter is too long for throws, or because it is notchy and unsmooth.

I was hoping the 06 stocker would be better since Caddy claimed to change something in the trans/shift mech.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
I completely agree… The UUC is well worth the money. Excellent quality, precise feel and greatly shortens the throws.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Kadonny said:
Here is a thread on the UUC shifter. Tons of user here have it and absolutely think it is the best short shifter out there.

Are you switching because the stock shifter is too long for throws, or because it is notchy and unsmooth.

I was hoping the 06 stocker would be better since Caddy claimed to change something in the trans/shift mech.

I drove the 05 before buying the 06 and can say there is a small improvement in the smoothness but the throws are way too long still IMO.

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
Completely impressed with the UUC. Don't know much about the others, although the only other one I was considering was the B&M. The noises others have experienced with the B&M contributed to my selection of the UUC.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V, sold: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, 2004 CTS-V
156 Posts
Slywun said:
Completely impressed with the UUC. Don't know much about the others, although the only other one I was considering was the B&M. The noises others have experienced with the B&M contributed to my selection of the UUC.
This is exactly how I felt about the UUC vs. B&M, higher cost vs. increased sound and vibration. Both sound like a definite improvement over stock. I went with the UUC and it arrived in the mail yesterday, now I can't till tomorrow to put the V up on stands and install it. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow night...

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
Kidhummer said:
I have a 2006 CTS-V and would like to know what is the best short shifter
TPIS can modify your stocker to reduce the throw...for $100

This is how Mallett modifies shifters too.

Basically, you change the fulcrum point...making the bottom lever longer and hence the top lever shorter.

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
just got the uuc in yesterday...its awsome...git-r-done..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
I'll speak up for the B&M:
Less expensive - like what more than $100 diff?
Quality product - No reports of breakage.
Easy to install - Can do it yourself and doesn't require dropping the exhaust or driveshaft.
Noise intrusion compared to stock is minimal. It's the result of the shifter being about half the diameter of the stock shaft. As a result, there's an air gap between the inner boot and the B&M shaft. This can be remedied by using a zip tie to close the gap. Other have used Dynamat between the inner and outer boot. I left mine as is. In my car, with my hearing, it's too negligible to fret over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts