Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CTS has 62k miles. recently when I start it in the morning and reversed out of my driveway there is a noise like teeth not meshing correctly for a few moments. Today when I heard it I came to a stop and it continued for a moment. It even brought down my rpms for a moment. Once I get on the road it lessens and after 5 minutes I can barely tell. I put it in nuetral and the car revs smoothly and like I said the noise has happened shortly while the car is stationary. That is why I am thinking the transmission. My first thought is to flush the fluid since that would be easy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
CTS
256 Posts
If I recall correctly flushing fluid in these transmissions isn't exactly easy. Why don't you take it to a shop and have them run a diagnosis, unless you really know what you're doing. A hell of a lot cheaper than having to replace the transmission (which I had to do in my car)

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
My CTS has 62k miles. recently when I start it in the morning and reversed out of my driveway there is a noise like teeth not meshing correctly for a few moments. Today when I heard it I came to a stop and it continued for a moment. It even brought down my rpms for a moment. Once I get on the road it lessens and after 5 minutes I can barely tell. I put it in nuetral and the car revs smoothly and like I said the noise has happened shortly while the car is stationary. That is why I am thinking the transmission. My first thought is to flush the fluid since that would be easy. Any ideas?
What are we talking about here, automatic, or manual ? My suggestion is stop driving the car until you can get it to a dealer, or good GM trans mechanic, the latter being better. Any gear meshing noise isn't good and suggest disintegrating gears, or lack of lubricant. This more applies to manual transmission that automatic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts