Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my daughter's car started out with key stuck in ignition and battery going dead. She drove it to my house I changed the battery and car wouldn't crank no more so it sat in my driveway for about 6 months finally I ordered a new computer put it in did the key learn process and sure enuff it started let it sit and run for awhile thought it was fixed until I went to rev it up and nothing like I didn't push the pedal. So did somemore research. I then put a new throttle body on still nothing so replaced the pedal and still nothing I'm totally at a loss and the traction control light is on.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
517 Posts
Ditto on the scan. Much needed for you and for us to help you. I will mention that many good parts are replaced because of corrosion or damage to the wiring. Sometimes just the unplugging and reconnection will give what seems to be a fix but many times the problem comes back shortly because of corrosion. Good Luck.

Reactions: RyanY

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I had this problem I did the same things that you did multiple times because I thought the junkyard parts were no good. Changed computers, throttle bodies, accelerator pedals, maf/iat sensors. I was getting codes pointing to all of them. One code would go away briefly. One of the others would pop up. Then the code that went away would come back.
Finally invested in a ODB II bluetooth reader. This allowed me to monitor the accelerator pedal (live). Everything looked good until I put it in drive, then limp mode. The pedal readings went wonky. Popped the hood thought to tug on wire clusters to see if something might be loose. Sure enough tugged on wires leaving the computer heading down the side towards the rear of the car. The pedal readings corrected. Got back in the car, cranked, reversed, then drove but not far before limp mode returned. Popped the hood. Tugged the wires. Same thing. The problem ended up being the wires came apart from their mountings heading back towards the transmission. They had sat on the exhaust and burned through atleast 4-5 wires. Replaced the harness. Problem fixed. Hopefully this is useful information.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >132k miles
772 Posts
Great advice above. Get a scanner and see which systems are failing. If you decide to do the bluetooth module+app setup instead of an all-in-one, may I recommend that you get the Torque app (the one that costs $5, not the free Torque Lite). The paid version has the features of more expensive scanners and is very easy to use.

Also, if you decide to play around with wires looking for faults before you get a scanner, be sure to apply dielectric grease to all contacts before you reconnect them. I have corrected numerous codes with this, including air bag sensors, brake lights, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts