Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through lots of CTS's on the internet, I've noticed one major difference on the cars. There are ones that have an empty square compartment in front of the window switches on the driver side door, and ones with raised buttons. The ones with raised buttons obviously are a higher trim level, now does that point to the luxury trim level or the sport performance package?

Is there something I can look for on the common pictures that points to the Sport Performance Package? I want to get a CTS, but my only requirement is the sport performance package. Unfortunately, many dealers lie about trim level's or don't know enough about the car to know if it has it or not.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Sport appearance model has the sport grill
And I think it had V side skirts (or similar)
I have a luxury sport, it has woodgrain shifter
Steering wheel and door handles, these are NOT
Stickers. Also has FE3 suspension HID headlights
Heated and power seats, and bose speakers.
The model under that I think is the sport. It is
Missing a few of those options. And has FE1 or FE2
Suspension. But this also means no load leveling and
That means you can lower it.

Others will add more info.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Looking through lots of CTS's on the internet, I've noticed one major difference on the cars. There are ones that have an empty square compartment in front of the window switches on the driver side door, and ones with raised buttons. The ones with raised buttons obviously are a higher trim level, now does that point to the luxury trim level or the sport performance package?

Is there something I can look for on the common pictures that points to the Sport Performance Package? I want to get a CTS, but my only requirement is the sport performance package. Unfortunately, many dealers lie about trim level's or don't know enough about the car to know if it has it or not.

Any help would be great.
The switches you describe are part of the memory seating option, which was part of the luxury package 06-07. The performance package included a limited slip diff, larger front brakes, more aggressive brake pads, strut tower brace, and 225/50/18 summer tires. The appearance package included the 2 piece sport grill, side skirts, exhaust tips, and spoiler. 6spd plus performance package plus 245/45's make for a very nice sports sedan. Just down on power...

Standard features in packages changed slightly almost every year, too, so its easy to get confused.

·
Registered
NONE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From reading the sports package is the only one with xenon headlights in 06-07(only years i'm looking at). Is there something on the outside or inside of the car that is easy to see and know right away that it's got the sport package?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
From reading the sports package is the only one with xenon headlights in 06-07(only years i'm looking at). Is there something on the outside or inside of the car that is easy to see and know right away that it's got the sport package?
The sports package cars have bigger wheels, either 17 or 18 inchers depending on year.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
If you look at a car, go in the trunk and remove the spare tire cover. There is a sticker with all the cars options. Look for FE2 or FE3 somewhere on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts