Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since moving up to an '06 CTS from a '93 DeVille I'm looking to buy another Service Manual. Last time I bought the official Cadillac one. A quick search did not show one available in book form. Are they available and/or what would be the best Service Manual for this car?

This would be for an '06 CTS with the 3.6 V-6.

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >128k miles
448 Posts
A pdf version of the factory manual is available for cheap on ebay. I also have a Haynes manual that is useful for some jobs but less than useful for others.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.7L
512 Posts
Factory service manuals are not typically in a book form. It is a PDF read by the technicians on a computer or individual pages printed for the job at hand. Quick google search gives lots of results for the PDF and the CD/DVD versions, as well.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.7L
512 Posts
Good to know. All dealers I have been to and asked (for various cars) always say they just use the computer or print specific pages or blow up drawings and such when using the FSM. Do not need or have access to a FULL paper manual.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,262 Posts
Yep, the paper manuals for the OP's 2006 CTS are available from Helm, Inc. Not cheap. But, depending on the model and year some Helm manuals are only on DVD.

If you want an online source, look into a multi-year subscription to www.alldatadiy.com - i'ts the GM/Cadillac/Helm manuals for your specific car. You can copy diagnostic trees, all the diagrams and specifications pages, and the left menu has a link to all DTCs with associated system descriptions and repair steps.

The manuals for the 2007 CTS are not available from Helm in either paper or DVD. It does appear to be available from Alldatadiy. (2.8 liter engine).

2002 Seville service manuals in book form ............ NYC telephone book thickness ...........

Service manuals 4.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts