Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I have a problem with my 2006 CTS.

Maybe a month ago TC, Abs and "(!)" Indicators on the dashboard turned on for no reason, and ABS, TC and Stabilitrak stoped working.
Also my cruise control is not engaging.

When I was riding through a car park, "stability system engaged" message apeared.

I was sure, that my SWPS failed.
After disconnecting the battery, every indicator dissapeared and not showed again, but TC indicator is still turned on.

I replaced my SWPS, and checked my wheel speed sensors in the wheel hubs, but it doesn't help.

Couple days ago i realized, that my brake lights are not working.
I checked bulbs, relays and fuses.
Everything is OK.
I replaced also my brake switch (on the brake pedal), but with no changes...

TC light is not dissapearing, and I have no ABS, TC Cruis Control, and no Brake lights...

What can It be?
Please help...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor failure, may need to monitor the signal with a scan tool

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer!

What type of scan tool do I need?
I think, that wheel speed sensors are working, couse when I am rotating wheels, the voltage on each sensor is increasing.
(I disconnected the plugs, and checked the pins with multimeter.
When I was rotating each wheel by hand, the voltage was increasing from 0V to 0.1-0.2V. So I think, that there isn't any broken circuit.)

Do you have any other ideas?
What type of scanner do I need?
(Cheap OBDII scanner is insufficient in that situation...)

·
Registered
Former Owner of a 2005 CTS
71 Posts
You would need something with the ability to show live data PID's. A tech II, or any other advanced scan tool.

However, since the lights are on, more than likely the ABS module has thrown a code for which wheel (or what problem in general) is causing the lights to illuminate.

Take it to any autoparts store, and have them read the codes. At least you'll get an idea if the computer is seeing bad wheel speed data, or if there's another issue entirely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'm looking for somebody, with a good OBDII scanner, in my neighbourhood right now.

I just checked the voltages, on the brake switch (bpp) plug, with my multimeter. I don't have any power on the 5V REF, or LOW REF line. I have 0.3-0.4V on the SIG line (yellow cable).

What can it be? EBCM malfunction?
Can you guys tell me, what is described as "SP102" on attached diagram?
20190825_165228.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Edit:
My ABS fuse keeps blowing (fusebox under the right rear seat).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts