Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is kaleb and I own a 2006 cts. I'm in a trucks , diesel trucks, lifted and want not. And I'm into sema trucks. Well I couldn't get a truck for my first car. And I've always had a thing for light bars. And for my birthday I got some money and I wanna put it towards a light bar for my car. And put it in the bumper. Is it possible? Also would I have enough room for it? If you guys could just help out that would be amazing.

Thanks,
KalebCTS

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,047 Posts
I think you're going to need to explain a bit better what you're trying to do, Kaleb. Do you have a link to the type of light bar you're talking about? And when you say "put it in the bumper", what do you mean? Mount it behind the grille? Or do you want to actually cut the bumper and mount lights in the bumper?

·
Registered
2006 Cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAIIIC said:
I think you're going to need to explain a bit better what you're trying to do, Kaleb. Do you have a link to the type of light bar you're talking about? And when you say "put it in the bumper", what do you mean? Mount it behind the grille? Or do you want to actually cut the bumper and mount lights in the bumper?
I'm talking about the opening on my front bumper like this

image-2571657485.jpg

And an led light bar like this http://www.amazon.com/Inch-LED-Light-Bar-Lumens/dp/B00AYZB6Z4

I would put it behind the bumper and mount it there as well.

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
14000 lumens!!!! lol. That's a WHOLE lot of bright! You won't be able to use those in the city without causing some negative response from oncoming traffic. Tying them into your high beams? It will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
2006 Cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No guys ?? they aren't street legal. You will get pulled over for having them on main roads. But for back roads they are perfect or when driving when no one is around. Just with a flip of a switch it would be amazing

·
Registered
2006 Cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know the length and height of the opening on the bottom bumper ? I also have a license plate bracket and I'm starting to look into the light bars now for my car and I am curious the space that is there

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Light bars are quite common out here in Alberta as we have a lot of rural roads... But I've never seen someone mount them that low as it'd pretty much do nothing for you.

·
Registered
2006 CTS (sold), 2013 ATS Premium 3.6
75 Posts
I mounted mine on the plastic piece that connects to the bottom of the front bumper and runs underneath the engine. I put it towards the rear behind the lump that you'll see if you open the hood and look down below where the hood mechanism/latch is. I did this so other drivers do not see the individual led's while I'm driving, but so that the grille lights up. I used a fuse tap to the right headlight so it automatically lights up my grille once the headlights come on when it starts to get dark. Here's an image:
20i97ps.jpg

Full size here: http://i60.tinypic.com/20i97ps.jpg

·
Registered
2006 Cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That exactly where I want to put mine. I just need to order the correct size and have a friend help me wire it all up. Do you have any more pics?

----------

AAIIIC said:
Did they run out of tape measures in Kansas? :p
mine broke ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts