Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instrument cluster went dark. No lights, no speedo no tach, car cranks and runs great! Any explanation?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
TCM/IPC fuse maybe? It looks like it’s located in the fuse box that is in the engine bay. If that is fine, then check any other fuses in that box. As well as the 2 other fuse boxes under the rear seat.

KOT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instrument cluster went dark. No lights, no speedo no tach, car cranks and runs great! Any explanation?
TCM/IPC fuse maybe? It looks like it’s located in the fuse box that is in the engine bay. If that is fine, then check any other fuses in that box. As well as the 2 other fuse boxes under the rear seat.

KOT

KOT
Thank you, I will check those. I have also read that the ignition switch is a common cause of this problem, do you know of this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also failed to mention that this problem started intermittently, then just went dark. Driving down the road it would "flicker" on and off.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
515 Posts
After fuses checked, next would be grounds. Clean DeOxit and dielectric grease.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
950 Posts
I also failed to mention that this problem started intermittently, then just went dark. Driving down the road it would "flicker" on and off.
I had that in another car. Turns out, the battery had an internal short, which then affected other things.

·
Registered
Cadillac
218 Posts
Check for squirrel/rat activity behind the battery- a rat ate several wires and I lost the speedometer and most of the guages. Got the kid next door to help me solder everything back together- saved $1,000.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
950 Posts
Check for squirrel/rat activity behind the battery- a rat ate several wires and I lost the speedometer and most of the guages. Got the kid next door to help me solder everything back together- saved $1,000.
I am also still at war with "Squirreldom".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts