Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 cts 3.6l
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie I have a 06 cts 3.6l with 115k miles on it.... I got a question it idles rough everytime i turn ac on.... But as soon as the ac is turned off it goes back to normal iv cleaned the mass air flow sensor nd nothin same problem it all happnd after i took it on a road trip to San Antonio.... Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Im a newbie I have a 06 cts 3.6l with 115k miles on it.... I got a question it idles rough everytime i turn ac on.... But as soon as the ac is turned off it goes back to normal iv cleaned the mass air flow sensor nd nothin same problem it all happnd after i took it on a road trip to San Antonio.... Has anyone else had this problem?
Having it now on my 2012. Would also like the forums input

·
Registered
629 Posts
Could be a number of things. The clutch could be going out. Or you develop a slight missfire under the increased load. I would start with making sure you have enough freon in the system. Then check to see if the clutch is working properly.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
A/C compressor shouldn't affect a V6 engine as far as load, even if it was seizing the result would be belt slippage (squealing) not a rough idle. Have you been getting any codes misfire etc ? It maybe you have a subtle miss fire and the compressor kicking in is making it more noticeable

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
A/C compressor shouldn't affect a V6 engine as far as load, even if it was seizing the result would be belt slippage (squealing) not a rough idle. Have you been getting any codes misfire etc ? It maybe you have a subtle miss fire and the compressor kicking in is making it more noticeable
No codes being thrown on mine. Ran engine with diagnostic plugged in and still nothing. But it's not necessarily an advanced one.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I know on my mom's 02 escalade had the ac compressor fail it would bog the engine some before the clutch slipped

It got to the point it just grenades one day without warning and it was the hottest day of the year and no ac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts