Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS (sold), 2013 ATS Premium 3.6
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rotation is off on both of my HID equipped headlights since I bought the car. Is there any way to adjust this without disassembling the headlight and working some magic in there? I know you can adjust up and down, but not sure how to do rotationnif possible. Both headlights are rotated about 5 degrees off opposite each other.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
You mean like they are pointed outwards(left pointed left right pointed right)?

I think there is two knobs on the headlight housings
One is for vertical(it has a little level next to it)
One is for horizontal (looks like a bowl is around the adjuster)this is the one to adjust

If the housings have been retroed with different projectors then I would contact who did the work and tell them

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
The rotation is off on both of my HID equipped headlights since I bought the car. Is there any way to adjust this without disassembling the headlight and working some magic in there? I know you can adjust up and down, but not sure how to do rotationnif possible. Both headlights are rotated about 5 degrees off opposite each other.

please google before you ask.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/198289-how-aim-headlight.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I did google and that has nothing to do with my problem. I am a master of searching Google. I know how to aim them. The rotation is off.

The left headlight aims 265 degrees through 85 degrees and the right headlight aims 275 degrees through 95 degrees.

Like this:

Untitled.png

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
The horizontal adjustment holes can be viewed in this picture.

On my CTS, the passenger side is missing the bolt that is in that hole. So either A the passenger side can't be adjusted from the factory. Or B mine broke off.

It appears to be a 10mm hex bolt. The holes are about 1.5" in diameter. The vertical adjustment holes are on the same beam just 3 inches towards the outside of these two (not shown in picture). I know that it adjusts horizontally because I've done it before.

KOT

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Kingoftypos said:
The horizontal adjustment holes can be viewed in this picture. On my CTS, the passenger side is missing the bolt that is in that hole. So either A the passenger side can't be adjusted from the factory. Or B mine broke off. It appears to be a 10mm hex bolt. The holes are about 1.5" in diameter. The vertical adjustment holes are on the same beam just 3 inches towards the outside of these two (not shown in picture). I know that it adjusts horizontally because I've done it before. KOT
Likely it's broke as there should be one there

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Down in the inner holes there are silver/white plastic knobs that have the number 2 on them. Is that what you are talking about? The outer ones have the 10mm hex to move each beam up and down. This will rotate the beam rather than move it left and right?

I'm not sure if some are understanding. The beams don't need horizontal adjustment (left to right). The cutoff for the beams are crooked instead of straight across and level. The vertical and horizontal adjustments are perfect. The rotation is off making the cutoff not level with the horizon or road like in the picture I created above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts