Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this car a few months ago. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake. It has 84K km on it. Everything seemed to work fine. The TCS/ABS light has come on a couple times for service but later went off on its own. The problem I am having now is, it won't start. Won't even turn over. I hear the fuel pump come on and everything else seems to work fine but it won't even attempt to turn over. I was running an errand and when I got back in the car it just wouldn't start.. nothing. It happened a couple times where I turned the key and nothing happened. I thought maybe I didn't have the clutch in far enough or something like that and re-did and it started but this time, nothing at all. Key was difficult to get out but eventually it did come out. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 6 speed manual tarnished platinum
374 Posts
Next time it happens stomp on the clutch pedal a few times while holding the key to the start position. If it starts, it's the switch on the clutch pedal to keep you from starting it in gear. Happened to me. Those switches can be finicky, I put a new one in and it started a couple of times then it wouldn't. I reached under the dash and pulled the switch back and it started, pulling the switch mimics pushing in the clutch. The switch needed to be shimmed out from the firewall just a hair. I used a flat rubber washer and all had been well. Its a dumb design, the switch rides on the rod and the rod gets thicker towards the top. As it moves though the switch the thicker part pushes a plunger. Putting something between the base of the switch and the firewall makes it engage a smidge higher, like if you could push the clutch in just a hair more. Ugh.

----------

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D2230C-Original-Equipment-Position/dp/B000EQS15G

----------

That yellow part slides off and it actually snaps on the clutch rod. If you change it, take the yellow part off the old one rotate it so the open part is to the top and pull it down. Do not push it up, to get it off the shaft! It will be trapped there and you'll have to spend hours trying to get it back on to rotate it so it will come out the bottom. Ask how I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts