Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When wipers are turned on, the washer sprayer starts and will not stop unless the wipers are turned off.
Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at the top of the forums in the stickeys. Answers already there. :)
The only stickey I see is about the wipers not shutting off, My whippers are fine, it is the washer spray that comes on when the wipers are turned on. The spray with not stop unless I turn the wipers off.

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Wipers won’t turn off, replace the circuit board on the motor.
Wash runs with wipers without pressing button, replace the circuit board on the motor.
Wipers turns on by themselves, replace the circuit board on the motor.

Anything to do with the wiper blades doing very odd behavior, replace the circuit board on the motor. That board seems to be the failure point of the wiper system.

KOT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wipers won’t turn off, replace the circuit board on the motor.
Wash runs with wipers without pressing button, replace the circuit board on the motor.
Wipers turns on by themselves, replace the circuit board on the motor.

Anything to do with the wiper blades doing very odd behavior, replace the circuit board on the motor. That board seems to be the failure point of the wiper system.

KOT
Can you tell me where the circuit board is located? you mentioned the circuit board on the motor, do you mean the circuit board on the wiper motor? Thank you very much.
Mike

·
Registered
409 Posts
Can you tell me where the circuit board is located? you mentioned the circuit board on the motor, do you mean the circuit board on the wiper motor? Thank you very much.
Mike
That is the one he referred to (GM part #88958172 should be the correct part for all 1st gen CTS). I just replaced the board on my 07...not a difficult job but it helps to watch a youtube video first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the one he referred to (GM part #88958172 should be the correct part for all 1st gen CTS). I just replaced the board on my 07...not a difficult job but it helps to watch a youtube video first.
Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts