Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 cadillac sts v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 06 sts v and the nav was not working in it. The previous owner replaced a dead battery and I dont think he followed the procedure to keep all electronics running properly. Need help troubleshooting my issue not interested in replacing nav system hoping it can be fixed

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Is the screen working in other modes (ie radio, config)? Have you tried to pull the battery and reconnect after a 15 min wait?

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
Your only hope is the battery disconnect, touch cables together, reconnect. Keep trying it. Might as well give it a few tries because if that doesn't work, you need a new nav.

Touching the cables to eachother negates the need to wait an extended period of time after disconnecting.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Past: 06 STS-V Allante, 05 V8 STS 05 CTS-V 08 CTS 06 CTS
321 Posts
I had a bad lock pick from tomm and mine did this as well if the battery cable trick dosent work check the plugs on the back of the nav unit. Carefully take the wood trim off or it will crack it. There are four 8 or 10mm bolts nav unit slides out don't pull it too far some of the wires are short and check all connections. You may want to unplug and plug them back in to be sure. Hope you get it working.

·
Registered
2006 cadillac sts v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im just not confident enough and just scared of cracking the wood trim so I have not attempted to take it apart. I also cant find any videos to demonstrate where to even start to take it off. just ended up ordering one off of ebay for 350 alot better than the 3500 the dealership was asking for.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
LOL holy shit. How can they even sleep at night knowing they're just thieves?
$3500 is highest I have ever heard for the NAV unit usually they are 2400..

He is still going to have to go to the dealer regardles, to have the new one programmed to the car, that is usually $125-150

·
Registered
2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT
382 Posts
Hey before all that make sure it's not the fuse under the back seat and make sure you only have one fob in the car. Mine went black at start up because my girl had the other key with her sitting next to me. Have only One key fob, and put it in the slot in the center console. It took 20 mins or so to clear up after I figured it out. Hasn't done it since

1 - 8 of 8 Posts