Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS 2000 Deville
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2000 Deville and I am considering a 2006-2009 DTS. I was wondering what the common problems on these cars are. Do they have the same issues as the 2000-2005 Deviile's? My car has had basically every problem that is common on those cars..just want to see what I would be getting myself into with one of these DTS's..Thanks for your time fellow Cadillac brethren....:)

·
Registered
2009 DTS Platinum
56 Posts
hello,
speaking from my own experience here. I had a 2006 dts lux III for three years. It was under the factory warranty and then the extended
certified warranty. It had a headlight flickering problem that progressed into one or both headlights just turning off. Took to dealer and had to have
ballasts replaced. Then the little trim piece above the daytime running lights melted. Whole headlight assembly was replaced under the
warranty. From what I understand this is a very common problem In these cars. The other problem that I have noticed on my last three
Cadillacs, '02 STS, '06 DTS, & now '09 DTS, the front axels must be made from "tin foil". You get the "Shakes" going down the road and think its
the wheel balance or alignment but each time, at least for me, one of the front axels was bent. My most recent issue on the '09 DTS seems to be a problem
with the Nav system. Have not had it in to dealer yet so don't know how common it is. All that being said, I really love the DTS. The quality and drive
especially on the platinum model is top notch. I worry because they are the last of their kind. For the life of me I cannot fathom why Cadillac would let
them go.

-Dan

12,821 Posts
Postman, I'm excited that you're considering a DTS and am happy to investigate any concerns further for you! If you send me the last eight of the vehicle's VIN, I'm always happy to pull up its build code information and explore any warranty questions you may have. Feel free to send me an email at [email protected].

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
1968 Eldorado
785 Posts
The 2006 - 2011 DTS models have had far fewer problems than the 2000-2005 ones.

The 2006s had the flickering headlamp issue. Many have complained about brake pulsation, but that is a brake supplier issue, not the car design.

This generation DTS does not have the oil consumption issue that the earlier ones had. No headgasket failures like those either. These are smooth, comfortable and stylish cars.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)
272 Posts
Only two repairs on mine: the lane departure camera was replaced and the third brake light developed a stress crack. Both replaced under warranty.

In fact I've had very little go wrong on my other two GM cars. I still own them: 1996 Impala SS and 1999 Tahoe. All very reliable and because of that economical.

·
Registered
2007 DTS Luxury III
184 Posts
I have had several issues with mine but I believe they are attributed to abuse by the first owner and the dealership as they used it for many miles before selling it to me.

The only issues I have had that are new are electronic issues. The switch in the ignition that tells the seat and steering wheel to move when the key is removed is failing. The parking sensors turn themselves off while I am driving, or at least it tells me they are off but when I park it works. The cruise control display doesn't work all of the time and the cruise control has started to coast then catch itself.

I too had vibrations but road force balancing fixed it. I had vibrations in almost all of my cars that no one could fix until road-force machines started popping up in shops.

I believe the car is a good buy if you get one for the right price and you have a decent dealer in your area. I have had more problems with the dealers than the car.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance, 2001 Deville
9 Posts
Postman, I feel your pain! I also own a 2001 Deville, Currently shes in my garage with a blown head gasket and not expected to be going anywhere anytime soon. I have had all the headaches as well changing the starter, front hubs, Oxygen sensor, crank sensor, coil pack, front drive axles etc...... Comparing the two to me is like night and day. I absolutely love the DTS Thankfully Ive only had one ballast go out and two parking sensors... But I think something is brewing with my Stabilitrak, Last week I got a service notification and haven't seen it since. Hopefully a loose connection :suspense:

·
Registered
2008 dts
1 Posts
my 2008 dts tail and running and lic plate lights wont come with the switch or when darkness cant drive car at night and cant get any help from current dealers in the area of whats the problem.one dealer said that the #2 and 4 fuse isn't getting power to tell the lights to come on. i need some one who fear the Lord to pls help me get these lights work is there anyone with this problem help a child of the KING

12,821 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this light concern, However; I am more than happy to connect you with a dealership of your convenience to provide an additional layer of assistance on this situation. Please provide me with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership by PM to begin this process. Have a wonderful Friday and I will be looking for your message.

Kind Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts