Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 06 2.8 CTS I've owned for a few years now. It use to over heat and I went through everything and fixed it all. New waterpump, thermostat and housing, radiator, all that and it worked out pretty good. Now years later it would drain all it's coolent out and I would need to refill it every week, week turned into every other day and now it drains it out the moment it gets warmed up, figured it was the thermostat housing since everything else isn't leaking, finally got around to pulling the intake off and everything pertaining to that process I.e., alot of fucking shit. Just to notice that is not where it's leaking from. I'm gonna Jack the car up here in a few minutes to see what I may see but I can see water on top of the bell housing, can't see a whole lot since gm decided that this model would be great if the only had a credit card width of space between the rear block and fire wall, then throw a shit ton of wiring harnesses on top of it, and then cover the smallest crack in the world with the intake manifold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Best case is that it's just a freeze plug, worst case is a cracked block. Just wondering if anyone has an idea and if there are freeze plugs back there or if I should start pulling the engine now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's leaking quite a bit btw. If I blow on the coolent resivor while plugging the pressure release over flow it's like a light stream under the engine

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.2, 5-speed
3 Posts
Mine was leaking from the oil cooler cover. The oil cooler is in the valley of the cylinder banks, under the intake manifold. Coolant ran out the back of the engine. To remove the oil cooler cover, you have to undo the oil lines, one of them was siezed and pulled the threads off the cooler. Bought a new cooler, it comes with the cover, and reinstalled. Buy the Permatex gasket maker that is specifically for coolant! Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was leaking from the oil cooler cover. The oil cooler is in the valley of the cylinder banks, under the intake manifold. Coolant ran out the back of the engine. To remove the oil cooler cover, you have to undo the oil lines, one of them was siezed and pulled the threads off the cooler. Bought a new cooler, it comes with the cover, and reinstalled. Buy the Permatex gasket maker that is specifically for coolant! Good luck.
I'll give it a shot thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts