Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was trouble with voice commands, and somebody posted about 4 months ago that a dealer-installable update was coming. Anybody know?

Edwin M.

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
516 Posts
Fred_Mac said:
It is included as part of the OnStar digital upgrade.
I know this was mentioned as included in the other thread but has it actually been confirmed?

It would imply that that entire VR system is engined by the OnStar VCIM. The TSB is written to only discuss the OnStar upgrade and makes no mention of standard vehicle VR functions. There is no other bulletin or advisory that addresses this either.

On last conversation with the Service Manager at my dealer he advised that the Tech Services division folks told him they were working VR as a seperate issue...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the OnStar digital upgrade? I am totally happy with my analog OnStar, and during recent travels in New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota found digital cell phones useless - no signal for hundreds of miles, even in small towns and interstate highway areas that are marked as connected on Cingular and Verizon maps. If I had digital OnStar, I could not have contacted anybody in an emergency. So what is Digital OnStar upgrade? I saw some discussion on the forum, but nobody had a good word for it - because of cost?

Why would a vehicle computer upgrade by mixed up with OnStar - a separate system?

Edwin M.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The voice command fix that is out is for onstar.the voice recognition for the navigation radio and voice commands is still being addressed and will take longer to repair due to different speech commands from different people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts