Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 STS with the V8. I have one sensor that starts out fine, then shows blank, then sends an alarm depending on how long I drive. Dealer told me that the sensor is not serviceable (no battery to replace) you just have to get a new one. Now the 2nd wheel has started doing the same thing, and I guess the others are not far behind. Is the solution really an aftermarket device and a tire place?

Also when it says LF, is that the driver's front as I'm sitting in the car or the passenger's front as I'm looking at the car?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,479 Posts
TPMS sensors use a lithium battery. They go dead, and the solution is a complete tire rotation/sensor replacement, using OEM sensors. Then they are programmed (owner's manual ?) by using the key fob and a healthy magnet. During the program sequence each sensor is assigned a wheel location - LF, RF, RR, LR - and when you again rotate the tires you again go through the relearn sequence.

Google "cadillac forums tpms relearn procedure".

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Do you guys think the TPMS sensors in 2011+ Chrysler 300 wheels will program to the car? Thinking of getting that style of wheel from a 300 and often the seller will include the TPMS. I'd rather not shell out $200 for new ones (2 of mine in my original wheels are dying).

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Boat said:
Do you guys think the TPMS sensors in 2011+ Chrysler 300 wheels will program to the car? Thinking of getting that style of wheel from a 300 and often the seller will include the TPMS. I'd rather not shell out $200 for new ones (2 of mine in my original wheels are dying).
No way

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Thank you, I'll have to try to negotiate those out of the deal when I'm ready to purchase. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just replace the two that are intermittently failing, then worry about the others when it's time to worry about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts