Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sts
5 Posts
I read something about putting the assembly in a oven and then try to pry open the len... I didn't want to try that as there was no mention on how to reseal it so I just bit the bullet and ordered one from the local chevy dealer at a cost of $400 and some odd cents... What a rip.. I still have the old assembly in my trunk..

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
I think there's a link in the 'sticky' thread. I know some member posted a nice step-by-step write-up.

·
Registered
2007 1SG STS v8 awd
502 Posts
Which year's have the darker tail light lens and which ones have the lighter ones. I bought my car and found out it had a previous rear end accident and both of the taillights don't really match, and it bothers me to have one light one and one darker one. I wanted to buy a replacement but needed to know what year assembly to purchase.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
B1n2fra said:
Which year's have the darker tail light lens and which ones have the lighter ones. I bought my car and found out it had a previous rear end accident and both of the taillights don't really match, and it bothers me to have one light one and one darker one. I wanted to buy a replacement but needed to know what year assembly to purchase.
05-07

·
Registered
2005 STS
33 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread, just looking for clarification. My right rear brake light doesn't work, but the tail light and turn signal works. In reading through the thread the left and right brake LEDs are on the same fuse which is located in the fuse block underneath the back seat on the passenger side. First step is to check the fuse and replace, if a new fuse doesn't solve the problem pull the connector from the tail light assembly and check for any type of corrosion, if connector is OK then check voltage as mentioned previously. If all three are OK then its time to replace the tail light assembly. I know gmpartsdirect is probably the cheapest place to get the part with a one year warranty. I guess I could call around to some auto salvage yards to see if they have any, of course I'd have to make sure they have tested the assembly to see if it all works properly. I hope I haven't misread this thread.

·
Registered
2005 STS N*
125 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread, just looking for clarification. My right rear brake light doesn't work, but the tail light and turn signal works. In reading through the thread the left and right brake LEDs are on the same fuse which is located in the fuse block underneath the back seat on the passenger side. First step is to check the fuse and replace, if a new fuse doesn't solve the problem pull the connector from the tail light assembly and check for any type of corrosion, if connector is OK then check voltage as mentioned previously. If all three are OK then its time to replace the tail light assembly. I know gmpartsdirect is probably the cheapest place to get the part with a one year warranty. I guess I could call around to some auto salvage yards to see if they have any, of course I'd have to make sure they have tested the assembly to see if it all works properly. I hope I haven't misread this thread.
This happened to me so I had to replace the Drivers side. Now the passenger side is going bad... Just take out both and test the bad on the good side and the good on the bad side. A little A/B testing will provide you with your answer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well it seems I have a bad tail light. I know its an old thread but it was still helpful.adding posts to old threads is the point of a forum. A place to search for old information. Who knows my post may help someone someday as the thread helped me.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 4.6L
419 Posts
Well it seems I have a bad tail light. I know its an old thread but it was still helpful.adding posts to old threads is the point of a forum. A place to search for old information. Who knows my post may help someone someday as the thread helped me.
Adding posts to some old threads can be helpful, but starting a new thread is probably better when OP hasn't been active in over 7 years.

·
Registered
2006 V6 STS RWD
268 Posts
Opinions vary, I'd much rather see a dormant post continued and added to with new feedback and maybe new attempts. Successful or not, I like the continuation of thought process and results. Kind of like the shift log book in a maint. shop.

·
Registered
2006 V6 STS RWD
268 Posts
Opinions vary, I'd much rather see a dormant post continued and added to with new feedback and maybe new attempts. Successful or not, I like the continuation of thought process and results. Kind of like the shift log book in a maint. shop.

·
Registered
2006 V6 STS RWD
268 Posts

21 - 34 of 34 Posts