Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
We wanted to see what kind of interest there would be in this new project vehicle we are currently finishing up. We still have more work to do, but you should be able to get a good idea of what we are trying to accomplish by viewing the images attached. Please let us know if there are any questions or any feedback.
Thank you,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
851 Posts
Dr. Design said:
Hello,
We wanted to see what kind of interest there would be in this new project vehicle we are currently finishing up. We still have more work to do, but you should be able to get a good idea of what we are trying to accomplish by viewing the images attached. Please let us know if there are any questions or any feedback.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Automotive Designs
[email protected]
Hi Dr.Design.
the wheels and the grill look real good, what size the wheels are and can you tell me the price of wheels and the grill.
I see on the pics that this STS has ACC, that would be fine.
Thanks
Harry
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
As mentioned before we are not finished with the build yet. Part of that is the rear brake system from Rotora. They are still working on the mounting bracket. The rear will be 14" rotors & 4 piston callipers. The fronts you see on there are 15" rotors and 8 piston callipers! The car stops very well! The vehicle can be seen @ the VIP Show in Los Angeles, CA December 3rd.

Thank you,


fast66 said:
I like it, but why are there big brakes on the front and small on the rear?
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Harry,
Thank you for the comments! The wheels are 22's by Giovanna Wheels. They use the vehicle for their demos & car shows. This is why you will notice we are running two different style wheels. Unfortunately we do not have pricing on either item. The grill would be part of the exterior enhancement package should there be enough interest to move it to production. We like the STS because we feel, with the right companies, it can compete against vehicle like the Mercedes AMG, M series BMW, and some of the other higher end tuned vehicles.

Thank you,


harryctsv said:
Hi Dr.Design.
the wheels and the grill look real good, what size the wheels are and can you tell me the price of wheels and the grill.
I see on the pics that this STS has ACC, that would be fine.
Thanks
Harry
 

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
Joined
·
150 Posts
The ride looks badass Dr. Design. Are you guys doing anything under the hood or adding t.v.'s or anything 2 the inside. Nevertheless I like the package you got working.
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the comments!
There was talk about fabricating a twin turbo system for the application, but that would all depend on what kind of interest there is in the STS application. We would love to see quality products produced for the STS (i.e. Brabus, Renntech, AMG, Lorinser, etc..) For now we are using a Volant Cool Air intake system w/ a Corsa Exhaust System. No TV's as of now. We are trying to keep this as an equivalent to a special edition dealer package. Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Your feedback is great!! Feedback like this get products built!
Thank you,

Bigplay said:
The ride looks badass Dr. Design. Are you guys doing anything under the hood or adding t.v.'s or anything 2 the inside. Nevertheless I like the package you got working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Is it possible to get the VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE for my 2005 STS V-8, I have been looking and waiting a year for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
It looks nice.
I like the side vents particularly. That is something I would get for mine, not in chrome. But maybe a brushed steel look. I have a moonstone sts.
Thanx.
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hello,
We just got back from the VIP show. We brought out our Silver STS for the first time. Take a look at the attached images. You can see the body lines much better!
Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello,
Thank you for your interest. If and when the grill inserts go into production they would be offered in sets and would be complete with new fenders. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design

marcelloc said:
Is it possible to get a set of the front fender vent inserts?
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello,
I dont know if Volant has a production version ready. The item we are using is a pre-production unit. But if the production unit is anything like it, you will be pleased with the performance increase and deep throaty sound. If we find more info on it we will let you know.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
robert said:
Is it possible to get the VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE for my 2005 STS V-8, I have been looking and waiting a year for this.
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you! We would offer the inserts in different materials and finishes. It is really important to pick something that works well with your application. We are looking into offering several different finishes i.e. brushed aluminum, nickel plated, stainless steel, carbon fiber, media blasted stainless, etc.. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
GuidosCaddy said:
It looks nice.
I like the side vents particularly. That is something I would get for mine, not in chrome. But maybe a brushed steel look. I have a moonstone sts.
Thanx.
 

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you look at the Silver STS you will notice we lowered that one 2 inches. The 22's will not rub with that set up. We are using the Giovanna edition Continental tires (I don’t have the tire size in front of me).

Thank you,

Dr. Design
rollinincaddys said:
does the 22's rub while driving making turns? if not what type of tires you have on them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Dr. Design said:
If you look at the Silver STS you will notice we lowered that one 2 inches. The 22's will not rub with that set up. We are using the Giovanna edition Continental tires (I don’t have the tire size in front of me).

Thank you,

Dr. Design
Where did you get the lowering springs, or did you alter the stock ones?
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top