Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I was calling onstar for an address to a restraunt. After they gave me the address, they told me there was a recall issue on the vehicle and that I should be receiving the notice by mail any day now.

They did not give me any details, but told me to call the dealership.

I called the dealership and I have an appointment for Friday. They said there was a recall with the Computer and that it would have to be replaced, because the car may not turn on or might even turn off randomly :eek:

I have a 2005 STS 1SB. Just thought I should let everyone know.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the ECM has been updated.

I did notice they fixed one thing that used to get on my nerves. The car seems to have different (earlier) shift points.

Under normal driving, it seems to shift at about the 2,000 rpm mark. I remember it used to shift after about the 2,500 or 3,000 mark.

Maybe im just driving differently, who knows?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The new program does not know your driving habits. Give it a couple 100 m/ks it will reset to how you drive..

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
That campaign number is 05524. It's a major software overhaul for the ECM, or engine computer.
It resets what we call TAPS, or basically the transmission shift adapts.
As you drive the computer monitors trasnsmission component speeds and shift times to optimize shifting. The more you drive it, the more it "learns" how you drive. This programming procedure takes close to an hour to complete and it really wipes the ECM clean.
If you drive the same way, it may end up the same way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ewill3rd said:
That campaign number is 05524. It's a major software overhaul for the ECM, or engine computer.
It resets what we call TAPS, or basically the transmission shift adapts.
As you drive the computer monitors trasnsmission component speeds and shift times to optimize shifting. The more you drive it, the more it "learns" how you drive. This programming procedure takes close to an hour to complete and it really wipes the ECM clean.
If you drive the same way, it may end up the same way.
what if im not the only person driving it? lately my dad has been driving it and he drives much more aggressively than i do. would this drive the computer crazy? we havn't seen FOB #1 since like two days after we got the car, so we are always using fob #2. i hope it wont throw off the computer too much

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The TAPS are not related to personalization, so it won't matter who's driving.
The shifts should remain the same but you may notice a fluctuation in the shift points if he drives it for an extended period. It should be farly subtle unless there is a huge difference in your driving habits.
It constantly adjusts so it shouldn't get stuck in an undesirable place.
... hopefully ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts